1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How would you arrange my pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dick Tree, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Dick Tree

Dick Tree

May 26, 2011
    Normal, IL
    I know, I know: "put the pedals in the order that you like them." Okay, I will. But this topic is about how YOU would do it. I'm just curious since I've added and removed a bunch of pedals from my arsenal recently (some of which I haven't received yet, because I shipped them to my other address which I'm not currently at:crying:)

Pedals:
    Fuzzrocious Grey Stache
    MarkBass Super Synth
    MXR Bass Envelope Filter
    Baddy1Shoes Honeycomb Overdrive
    Boss TU-2
    Boss OC-2
    Boss GEB-7
    Behringer Vintage Phaser

How would you do it?

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Tuner, eq, octave, od, synth, fuzz, filter, phaser.

3. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    It's hard to say without having them in person to "puzzle piece" together. Send them to me and I shall arrange them in a pleasing manner. :D

4. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I'd take the tuner out of the chain and just use it as a power supply (plug in manually when you need it) unless you like to check your tuning all of the time live. If you are recording, take it out. It works fine as a tuner but sucks a lot of tone.

5. newbold

newbold

Sep 21, 2008
    Toronto
    Boss TU-2

Boss OC-2

Boss GEB-7

MarkBass Super Synth

Fuzzrocious Grey Stache

MXR Bass Envelope Filter

Baddy1Shoes Honeycomb Overdrive

Behringer Vintage Phaser

6. EskimoBassist

EskimoBassist

Nov 2, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    Tuner, EQ, Octave, Synth, Od, Fuzz, Filter, Phaser.

And for what it's worth I completely disagree with chaosMK concerning the TU-2: I have found its buffer to be pretty clean and always keep mine in my signal chain.

You may want to swap your filter before your gain effects, but it depends whether you prefer the sound of your filter being run INTO your fuzz or the reverse. Personally I like to go Octave > Filter > Fuzz as I find you retain a little more dynamic control with a less hot signal hitting the filter (baring in mind I run my fuzz at eleven).

7. BIG mistake.not the way you like,but in the way that makes most sence to your style of playing.don't kid yourself-there is no right way,unless YOU sit down and try it all out...after all it's your gear and your fingers/pick.
    that said,you can skip noodling for hours if you have an idea what would you like to do with your sound-example>if you want to distort the synth notes,naturally,you will put the distortion/overdrive AFTER the synth.
    and so on.
    see,I put my octaver(EHX multiplexer) after my wah,although some people would say different-but it works great for me.
    like i said,think about what is it you are after in the first place-stacking efx leads to lunacy:smug:
    not to mention you end up with 100000 pedals you don't use -take it from me:)
    cheers:bassist:

8. This.

9. Dick Tree

Dick Tree

May 26, 2011
    Normal, IL
    I know all this stuff. I know how I want them arranged. The point of this thread was to see how other people would arrange the pedals that I have.

10. I think that's probably how I would set them up too.

11. RiGarcia1983

RiGarcia1983

Nov 27, 2011
    This is cool! How would you guys arrange mine???

Bass-> input ns2 noise suppressor->

Ns 2 send-> bbe green screamer-> b.muff bass->dunlop 535q wah-> mxr envelope filter-> oc3 octave-> bbe opto stomp->mxr distortion+ -> swollen pickle fuzz-> xxl bass distortion-> small stone phaser-> boss flanger->boss bass chorus-> return loop ns2

Ns2 output-> mxr delay-> amp

Im happy with this. Would eventually like to mod or get rid of the bbe screamer and distortion+, but I'd like to get ideas as to what order you guys choose and why???

12. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    I would agree with one caveat: if your bass is passive, try putting the fuzz at the very beginning of the chain. Some fuzz pedals sound better when they receive a high impedance signal straight from a passive bass instead of the buffered output of your Boss pedals (or the buffered output of an active bass).