HTML Code Displays instead of Formatted Page

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Michael Vee, Jan 13, 2005.

1. I use V1.0 Firefox as my main web browser. When I read the TB Forums (some say Fora), I nearly always click the "View New Posts" link on the homepage. (VNP is actually a predefined search, as you'll discover if you click it more than once too fast; you'll get the "sorry, 20 seconds" message).

Now, after I've clicked on VNP and am looking at the threads, occasionally I will click on a thread and FF will display the dynamic HTML code for the page instead of the formatted page.

I thought this was a Firefox bug, until it hit me that this probably happens as a result of other users posting and the TB database getting updated.

I'm sure other TB members and guests run into this same prob, but I wasn't able to find mention of it by searching.

To overcome this, go back to the previous page showing the thread list, and reload THAT page. Then click on the thread you wanted to view, and usually it will display properly UNLESS there has been another posting.. sometimes it takes 2 or 3 reloads to correct the display problem.

I'm not sure if anything can be done on the TB end to fix this. Who else is running into this?
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

This happens to me occasionally. And I browse by subform instead of using the VNP search. Probably happens once or twice a week.
  3. Paul, can anything be done about this on the server or Talkbass software end of things?

The problem with the HTML code displaying when I click on a thread link is happening much more often now than when I first posted about this. In fact, I'm seeing the code as often as every 2nd or third time I enter a new thread. Very annoying to have to keep clicking reload or backing out and starting over. If it gets bad enough, I have to close Firefox completely and restart it, then bring up TalkBass.

I've checked everything out on my end, and I don't believe it's a problem with my system. Cookies are enabled for Also- I'm on high speed cable modem access, and I'm not seeing a problem quickly loading other websites.

Again, what is displaying is the dynamic page code, black Times New Roman font on a white background, such as the following:

Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) PHP/4.3.10 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7d
    X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.10
    Expires: 0
    Cache-Control: private, post-check=0, pre-check=0, max-age=0
    Pragma: no-cache
    Set-Cookie: bbthread_lastview=19b2bbb01b628e29 (etc... edited)
    Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
    Transfer-encoding: chunked
  4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Jeff - Remind me - do you use FireFox also?

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I use IE 6.0