1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hybrid amp question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spoono Ghiefardi, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Spoono Ghiefardi

Spoono Ghiefardi

Nov 20, 2015
    Does having more tubes in the pre amp section of the SVT 4 pro allow it to have more of a tube sound as apposed to having only one tube like the SVT-7?

2. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    There is an amps forum too.

3. Spoono Ghiefardi

Spoono Ghiefardi

Nov 20, 2015

4. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm just trying to direct you to the right place to get your question answered. I am sorry you have not received and answer.

5. Spoono Ghiefardi

Spoono Ghiefardi

Nov 20, 2015
    I understand that. But as you may know, all posts get trolled and I don't have time to read through 12 pages of "just get a tube amp". Also I don't understand TB's culture of always telling someone to just go somewhere else for the info and not providing a link or anything. Nothing against you and I'm sure you have the best intentions, but Id rather not waste the calories. I just want the answer to my question.

6. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Here ya go Mr. Grumpypants:
    Amps and Cabs [BG]

Jeff Scott likes this.
  7. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    No.

Jeff Scott likes this.
  8. It depends more on circuit design than what amplification device is used. Many designs throw a "tube" in the design and is more for ad copy than sound. Other designs can sound more "tube like" while not having a single tube in them.

Jeff Scott likes this.
  9. GK Growl

GK Growl Inactive

Dec 31, 2011
    Nonsense.

Perhaps TB isn't for you then. There is a lot of info here that a simple SEARCH will provide a ton of info for. So much in fact, that you probably won't have to even ask a dumb question. Also, Isn't the whole "if I have more tubes, will I have a more tube sound?" question kinda obvious. More tubes equals more tube sound. Duh.

So to sum it up: Use the search feature. If you have a real question, post it in the proper forum. If you require instant gratification with quick answers then TB isn't for you.