1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I am about to buy some Eden cabs...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 3fingerdemon, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Dude go for it! You can flip those for more or the same price if you don't like them. I'm in need of a 15" for my rig as I need it for the B string. I don't want to be picky about the 15" I want to buy but since i have a eden 410xlt I kinda want an eden 15" to match it up with.

2. I'd call that a good deal.

3. If the cabs and speakers are in good shape that's a great deal. If you plan to run the cabs together make sure they are both 8 ohm cabs, giving you a 4 ohm load.

4. BassMan7530

BassMan7530

May 2, 2009
    Judging by the prices I've seen on the internet as well as what they are marked at in stores, I would say that's a mighty fine price for those cabs. If I had the spare cash, and a deal like that came up, I would check it out as soon as possible; Edens sure do sound nice! :bassist:

Also, +1 to woolysock's reply.

5. Whoa! It would cost that much just for the 4x10 around these parts! Buy them!!

6. KNURRR

KNURRR

Oct 12, 2009
    650$ for both.... very damn good price.

7. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I would almost say that price is too good to be true. Make sure they work before you fork over any cash.

8. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Would prolly cost more,

OP: Go for it! You snooze you loose!

9. Yeah I've already checked them out and they sounded great. Picking them up and forking over the cash tonight.

Thanks for the support guys!

10. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Dude! Sweet deal!

11. INTP

INTP

Nov 28, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    That looks like a D410T and a D115, which are older cabs. Given their age, it seems like a fair deal, but I wouldn't compare them directly with new models for pricing. These are heavy (90 and 54 lbs, respectively) and the D115 has modest power handling (200W RMS). They are quite efficient, however.

http://www.eden-electronics.com/info/catalog/archives/Eden 1997 Catalog.pdf

I have a pair of D210T's which I bought new in the late 90's. They sound nice, and they are holding up well. Every time I haul them, I'm aware that they weigh 60 lbs apiece.

12. Man... Eden full stack equals pure awesomeness.

13. And yes the 4x10 is a little on the heavy side... I think I'll try and put casters on it.

Any recommendations on ways to run these two cabs with m WT-800?

14. whoa! That's a crazy good deal, I would take that if it wasn't so far away.

15. dave2

dave2

Feb 10, 2007
    Texas
    I'll chime in with a "buy it" too - I would. My Eden cabs are slightly older but sound great. I don't mind the weight as I tend to think that heavier, solid cabs will put out better low end. Eden cabs are not flimsy, cheap cabs.

+1 on the test them out to make sure that no speakers are blown. Or at least do the battery test particularly on the 4-10 cab.

Let us know how you make out on this.

Dave

16. Sorry I guess I didn't really make it clear.

I HAVE THESE $!@*%@@^& IN MY BAND"S JAM SPACE!!!!

The band that we share the lockout with was jamming so I only plugged in for a few seconds, but those few were heavenly...

The cabs, although in okay cosmetic condition, seem to be awesome in quality condition. Thanks for the support!

Oh and what is this battery test?

17. connect a 9v batterry to each of your speaker cables while connected to the cabs to make sure the two cabs are wired in phase ie. the speakers from each cab should both move the same way when the battery is connected the same way

18. slagbass

slagbass Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Canada
  19. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    Do you own a WT800A or is it the B or C? It you own the A version do not use the bridged mode if you are using both cabs.