Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i can't believe this!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by steve-o, Oct 28, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    my cell phone bill was $500!!!! ***?!!???
    and on top of this i have to find a new job soon..i just got word that my job is being sold...and my job is gone..

the only reason they are buying it is because they want to the franchise...chrysler..its a long long story

im pretty sad right now..i had to sell my sterling adn my eb-3

:bawl:

steve

2. my god !

i mean.. Oh My God Steve!

$500? how did you mannage that? someone took disadvantage of your phone? used ur number?

thats awfull! i hope you find a new job soon.

good luck with it!

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've known people to get higher cell phone bills than that. People simply don't watch what they're doing or signing up for very often when it comes to cells.

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    that sucks dude...i would cry alot if i had a sterling then had to cell it..

just gotta watch them minutes...i ran my bill up to $300 before...it sucks alot

5. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I think you should order a separated bill from your phone company, it's basicly a list with each call on it. It probably costs ten bucks or so but atleast you'll know where the $500 came from.

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i see where it came from....my girl friend alittle

but alot of incomming calls

steve

7. text messaging? My friend's was $600 from that, his mom almost killed him!:eek:

8. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    nope that only added up to $27

so i used 3100 mins...well 1700 were free..:eek:

steve

9. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    3100 minutes in one month!? That's 100 minutes a day! :eek: I don't talk 3100 minutes on the phone in a year.

10. Victor Wooten98

Victor Wooten98 Guest

Jul 31, 2003
    South of Heaven...
    HOLY CRAP 3100 min. Thats insane, I say loose a few friends, and 'make' your girlfriend 'give you something special', that might help a little, Heck, might even be better if you dont have to move...

11. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Well, the problem here is just a lack of responsibility.....sorry you have to sell the sterling, I'd buy it back if I could!

When I got my first cell, I got a whopping 30 minutes a month, and never went over.

12. Tim, 30 minutes is hardly enough time you need to call the pizza place every night! Man, if I only had 30 I'd run out and have no pizza :bawl:

Joking, I really don't eat that much pizza, maybe 2 times a month

13. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Dating surely is one thing that increases the bills.. I've noticed that my bills can jump from the usual $30 to $300 :D

Just another proof that girls are evil ;)

14. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    [​IMG]

15. Not all girls are evil.

Heck I have my own cell phone and I never use all the free minutes.

Steve....... I'm sorry to hear about this.

[​IMG]
    Treena

16. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    GOOD GRIEF!!

$500!!!

$500?!?!?!?!

:eek:

I don't think I could do that if I tried!!!

17. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Thats hillarious:D

Its also funny, like what tyler was saying, people try to save minutes by text messaging, but it can cost more than regular phone calls.

18. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i know this was my fault...and im doing what i need to do....

next time...im using the house phone :D

i still have more basses..but none like that one..ill get another one..or get that one back if its meant to be

steve

19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    yeesh, you gotta give up your bass.

I take it you are one of those people who is constantly on a cell phone (obviously). If you a person who uses it constantly WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING I have absolutely no pity for you and wish it were a thousand dollar bill. Any other circumstances and I feel sorry for you. But regardless, I hove you've learned your lesson from all of this, watch your minutes. I own a tracphone (prepaid minutes) I don't need a cellphone that bad. And I highly doubt you need to be on a cell phone long enough to rack up a 500 dollar bill. Next time you are going to have a (local) phone conversation, tell your friend, "Hold on I'll call you on the house phone as to avoid paying an assload of money on a cell phone bill."

20. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    See, I have a cell with 900 minustes. my wife and i share it. I've never gone over. Not that many people have my number. But also I don't talk on it constantly. That's insane. 500 dollars. no way... That's about what my vehicle is worth. Change your cellphone number and don't give it to so many people. I still can't believe it.