1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I can't find the purple Fender

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VinKreepo, May 6, 2010.

1. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

Nov 13, 2009
    A while back I saw a Purple TINT Fender. I can't remember if it was a P or J, but it had a black pickguard and gold hardware.

I've done a search, no luck. Can anyone find it? I have serious GAS for a parts Fender P and I want to use this for some inspiration.

(Yes, I know I've always hated Fender P's, but I think that's cause I usually hear J's and the only two Fender P's I've played were set up badly. I listened to some P's on YouTube that sound phenomenal)

2. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    While I don't think I've ever seen a fender in Purple, I'm sure you could get one painted that.

And why would anyone "hate" any bass? This I don't get. I don't really dig P-basses, but hate them?

3. 1954bassman

1954bassman

Jun 7, 2004
    Hickory, NC
    Most of the purple Fenders I have seen were MIM jazz

4. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

Nov 13, 2009
    Lol fine, incorrect English... 'dislike' haha. I played my friend's Deluxe P through an Ampeg amp and it sounded killer. I had always played it through his Line 6 Lowdown and he doesn't like his settings changed. I must say, both his sound and bass are setup bad haha. So when I got to use the schools Ampeg, then I got to control the sound.

Plus, there's just something about the aesthetics... it's like the flagship of the bass kingdom.

5. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

Nov 13, 2009
    See that's a PURPLEEEEEE bass haha. The one I saw may have been a Warmouth, since I think it had a wenge neck.

The purple is a transparent tint that definitely lets the wood show through. Very dark, rich purple.

I saw the bass on TB, but I can't remember where.

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    You mean the Ventures Jazz?

jv9.

It comes stock with a pearl pickguard/control plate all in one piece.

7. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Like this,

vent3.

8. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

Nov 13, 2009
    Yes! Thankyou! Much appreciated sir

EDIT: the GAS pains are killin' me now

9. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Glad to be of service! :)

10. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

Nov 13, 2009
    I think Imma get a P and get a Wenge neck.

The colour scheme should look something like this after I'm done, but with gold hardware:
    STORELOGO.

This is the only P I could find that came close to what I wanna do:
    P-bass.

11. Oh my gosh, that's gorgeous. I usually do not like purple, but that transparent purple with the rosewood blocks and binding is breathtaking. Wow.

12. VinKreepo

VinKreepo

Nov 13, 2009
    I know, I love it. The thing that struck me first was that dark headstock and gold hardware... plus white J PU's haha. Wicked sweet

13. Darkstrike

Sep 14, 2007
    Yup, and it looks much, much better with the black pickguard, too, rather than the stock pearloid, it was a wise man that done them mods.

14. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
  15. hmmmmm i once saw this purple ibanez sr bass in the clasifieds, exchanged a few pm's with the owner but didnt buy it in the end! now i just cant find it no matter how much i search!

16. Broadbent

Broadbent

Mar 28, 2007
    Wow I've never seen that bass before. Very nice and unique!

17. Koeda

Koeda

Aug 21, 2007
    Nashville
    I had a purple (midnight blue) mim jazz back in 2003 - they did make an mim p that year in purple as well.
    Mine looked like this:

280257842458-5.

18. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

This one? I recently bought it here on TB:

fredwpurpleP.

19. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Sounds 80s ish.. like a JP-90