1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i can't wait...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pcake, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Mr_O'B

Mr_O'B

Feb 22, 2015
    You should be PCake!

Post it up once it is in your possession! :):thumbsup:

pcake likes this.
  2. dragon2knight

dragon2knight Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Bronx, NY
    Because they like to torture you of course :bawl:
    I've had so many items hit the Bronx and then shoot off to Jersey or something the same day just to came back to the Bronx.......there is no logic to this I tell ya.....

pcake likes this.
  3. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Nice looking bass. I have an SR500 my son uses. Too bad this new one doesn't come in a short scale or Mikro scale version.

4. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

Dec 1, 2013
    Italia
    It's your fault I keep hearing this in my head:

It's a beaut. Post much piccage when it makes it to you. :)

pcake likes this.
  5. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    not too bad for me - i wanted an extra light 34" scale :)

6. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    They could do both long and short scale versions.

7. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    now you mention it, there are a number of basses i'd like to see in a 30" scale.

8. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Same here, "Mikro" 28.6 inch scale too. I haven't gigged long scales much in nearly 20 years and I don't plan on ever using them again.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  9. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    finally the bass has left their bell facility and is on a truck and on the way...

10. Copperhead

Copperhead I've been here before. Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Tennessee
    Please fill me in about couch straps ?

11. twinjet

twinjet What does God need with a starship? Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Lucky you. I'm waiting on a new Reunion Blues case that is due today by 8 pm. Only thing is, each update doesn't even tell me where it's at. Just says "In Transit to Next Facility". That's what has been popping up for two days!!

pcake likes this.
  12. Jewce

Jewce

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    Hahahaha, girl, you got GAS...baaad. this is like the 15th post in the last month about you getting, or asking about getting gear. Hahaha. Not hating, I've got three shopping carts with stuff in them on three different sites. Just sayin

Nice one though. I've seen those. They look amazing

13. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2011
    With a mid-sweep as well....you can have a lot of fun with those.

pcake likes this.
  14. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    couch straps are vegan but strong. their lowest priced models are very smooth and comfortable seat belt material, but they have snazzier ones, as well as an embossed leather-look western motif. and they're made here in los angeles.

this is an edit of my original post - i had said the couch straps won't drop your bass like other vegan straps, but for the first time ever, one of my couch straps dropped my new bass, and i caught it, but i'm not feeling so great about them now, although to be fair it was my oldest strap (over 10 years) but still...

my fedex and usually UPS updates usually have more info that than - is your case shipping USPS? they rarely tell you anything useful... hopefully it'll show up by end of day.

it's not so much GAS, although that does sometimes creep in (like with the SRH500). * edit * this is actually the third piece of gear i've considered in the last month or two. * end edit *

due to my injuries, i'm always trying to find a solution - i was actually at GC re-visiting the SRH500 when i noticed the SR30TH4 and tried it. that would have been the end of it had it not been supernaturally light. so i'm hoping it will be a solution so i can rock standing up again, which i dearly miss. my mikros have an odd balance that isn't comfy standing, and they're actually heavier than this one, too.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    dragon2knight likes this.
  15. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    OT and for no particular reason: My son is moving to LA at the end of September.

pcake likes this.
  16. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    parts of it can be a great place to live - i was born here, and 61 years later here i still am :) housing is stupid expensive, but otherwise i quite like it.

17. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Good to hear. He and his fiance are doing Airbnb while they look for work and a place to live.

18. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    the bass has arrived, and it's all that and more! sound is much better through my LH500/GK neo 112 ii than it was through anything at GC. sounds just amazing, heavier than the one at GC but still comes in at well under 7 pounds. and even though i've been playing mostly short scale for years now, 34" scale is just so much more natural to me despite my lack of height and hand size.

i just had a scare - i put my oldest couch strap on it, and on song three the strap let the bass drop - luckily i caught it, but i'm thinking strap loks at this point.

i'll do pics and a NBD later. have to go play the bass some more now :)

Gaolee, ak56 and dragon2knight like this.
  19. dragon2knight

dragon2knight Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Bronx, NY
    Congrats on the new toy! I look forward to the pics :)
    As for strap locks, I use a Perri's Lock strap, easy to use and cheap, plus they come in some nice designs. Here's a link for you:
    https://www.guitarcenter.com/Perris/Neoprene-Guitar-Strap-With-Perris-Lock-Ends.gc

pcake likes this.
  20. wizard65

wizard65

Sep 1, 2014
    Being so light, hows the balance, no neck dive?

pcake likes this.