1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

i DO NOT believe it!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ollybarclay, Oct 18, 2006.

1. ollybarclay

ollybarclay

Dec 14, 2005
    someone has managed to steal / remove accidentally a knob off my svt-4-pro!!!

i only ever have the case front off when it's being played - by me! and i sure as **** wouldn't put the case front back on if there was a knob missing!

my question - and i'd hope this doesn't contravene the 'no sale ads' thing - is does anyone got a 'spare' plastic svt pro knob they'd be willing to sell me?

thanks!

edit: fliptops do not have the pro series knobs.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Call Ampeg and tell them of your plight. I'm sure they'll send you a knob.

3. Warr Tapper

Warr Tapper Inactive

Sep 17, 2006
    Work
    Someone grabbed my knob the other night too.

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Strange ... you don't seem too angry about it.

5. im gonna skip the adult jokes here and ponder how someone was able to get close enough to your amp to pry a knob off....

did this happen at a gig you think?

6. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Knobs/pots are pretty stock things, you can take a knob off a GK and put it on a Hartke etc. So yes, unless you just don't pay attention to your gear, somebody noticed you not noticing your gear for a split second and helped themselves to a knob. Doesn't that suck? Maybe you can notice a pawn shop salesman/bulls&*#@er not noticing their knobs or you can be a standup guy and buy a new knob.

7. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    You need an Allen wrench to get my knob off.

8. You need a hex wrench to get the vast majority of knobs off. At least on all my guitars. Maybe my stuff is just weird.

9. i put a locking knob on my master volume just so i cant ever lose control of that one. still, i must say, thats one shifty person that decides "hey, that one knob on that guys amp would look great on mine"

i dunno, that whim has never hit me

10. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    I use to be in a band called "The Knob." :)

11. I had a knob missing. I called Ampeg, paid them $2.50 I think and they send it to me. Had it 3 days later. No sweat.

GH

12. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Look on the bright side - if someone did actually steal it, there's always the possibility that they'll get both their hands painfully crushed beyond repair in an accident invloving heavy industrial machinery.

13. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Back In 1963, A volume knob fell off and was lost.
    It was later replaced by means of "knob theft".
    Then, second guy went out and stole a knob to replace his, and on and on
    through the years till this vicious cycle finally worked its way down to you...:smug:

__________________________________________Just say no to knob theft.

14. NO!!!!! reminds me of the '80's

15. mrwink

mrwink

Apr 30, 2000
    Los Angeles area
    LOL.. sorry to hear about your knob! Similar thing happened to me the other day... I closed my powerbook, put it in my case and left work. When I got home I opened it up and somehow my 1/! key was gone... not hanging around the bottom of my case... nowhere around my desk the next morning... so I'm living without it... maybe I'll call apple and see if I can order one... not sure I want to pay for it though!

16. the_fooj

the_fooj

Feb 15, 2007
    Chevy Chase, MD
    Is there anyway to replace borken graphic EQ sliders on the Ampegs? Not that I have to, but I've seen a bunch of used ones with broken off sliders and don't really want to have to deal with it on mine.

17. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Contact the manufacturer and buy yourself a half dozen. Drama is now over. All is happy and you have a few more just in case

Rob

18. PMC89

PMC89

May 1, 2006
    New Jersey
    someone grabbed something even more important...

my fuse and fuse cap.

i'm ampless for 2 weeks now, and i have to reorder the part from SWR for 5 bucks. lame lame lame.

19. Callused Finger

Callused Finger

Feb 22, 2007
    New York
    I've had them fall off.

20. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    It's knob karma.