Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by METALHEAD, May 20, 2005.

1. After much searching i finally found it. the bass solo in orion and by christ what a solo. i was driving when i noticed it and i nearly crashed. 6.36min into the song there it is in all its glory. :bassist: :bassist: :D :hyper: :D :bassist: :bassist:
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I prefer the bass solo in Master of Puppets.
  3. what time is it in the song? and i'll listen to it
  4. Is there a bass solo in MoP. The one in Orion is cool because everyone thinks its guitar but when you listen closely you hear that its bass. MoP just has some melodic bass stuff in the slow part of the song I think. No real solo.
  5. My god, that's the bass? Sounds like a guitar to me!
  6. i didn't think there was a solo in master of puppets either but you never know with cliff, i maen i never knew that there was a bass solo in orion but there is.
  7. Its common knowledge that orion has a bass solo (even though most think its the slow part and dont realize its the solo right in there with the guitar solos) but I never heard op MoP having a bass solo.
  8. When I learned MoP there certainly wasn't any bass solo. The melodic bit in the acoustic bridge section is the closest thing I can think of, but I certainly wouldn't call it a solo.
  9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    At the rate this thread is going, you might need some more of these:

10. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Its kind of funny that you brought Master up, my old band covered Master of Puppets and our version indeed had a bass solo. I played the high harmony and Jame's solo on my bass, and without fail every time we performed that song someone would come up to us after the show and ask where the "other" guitarist was...

11. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Im glad someone got it.