1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I get to write a paper on....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by arbitrary, Apr 25, 2010.

1. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Affordable Housing!!! And then I present it to the class & professor tomorrow morning. rock. Actually I'm almost done with the paper; seriously hate affordable housing.

Seriously though, stupid grad school, stupid paper, stupid economics, stupid poor people. After this then 2 more papers to do (not on affordable housing, something a significantly more relevant) before next Monday, then I'm done w/my first year and halfway done. I'm so getting wasted all next week. Really I just needed to vent and distract myself for a few.

2. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    dear_diary.

3. arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    and using a french press for coffee is awesome. :hyper:

4. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California

you're getting a masters in economics? I'm an econ undergrad right now. How do you like it?

5. Somebody's a classist....

6. arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    actually no. My masters in clinical social work, its for my social welfare class. The program is great, this class is so not worth the effort vs. what I'll get out of it and actually use...stupid poor people.

7. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    Fixed it for you. ;)

8. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    remind me not to move to Watertown and be poor. ;)

9. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Someday you will have a job. You will have a boss. Your boss will tell you to do things that you don't want to do....

-- Excerpt from story told to me by my mom, when I was seven years old.

10. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    Man, your mum was a downer wasn't she?

11. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Being a social worker you'd better get used to poor people.

12. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Wow dude, you're kinda a jerk for writing that. Jus' sayin. Sorry.

13. arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Just gonna point my finger and laugh; there's more to social work than poor people and stealing kids in the night.

14. True, there are the drug addicted parents that rape and abuse their children. Who then in turn end up being messed up and abusing other children around them. While the social workers are helpless to really do anything to change the situation because the government has given the parents way more rights than they ever deserve. My girlfriend is in social work and deal with this stuff all the time. Not to mention her foster brother that is seriously messed up because his father beat the crap out of him, among other things, for the first four years of his life. All while CAS knew about it, but they couldn't prove it and thus, couldn't take him out of the home.

lowsound

15. arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    For the record I was only kidding about pointing and laughing...I'm a rebel like that. I only point and laugh when people do funny things, not just the poor. I'm just really sick of studying the poor and the overall system; stupid social justice.

16. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Are you crying? :eyebrow:

17. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Eric's so emo. His next paper's gonna be on ring modulators though -- "Saving The World One Scronk At a Time." :cool:

18. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    So you're writing a paper about Detroit?

19. dangnewt

dangnewt Veteran Dispenser

Jun 6, 2003
    MetroWest Boston
    Hey Arb,

Sorry, I didn't catch this cry for help earlier. I'm an affordable housing consultant - affordable housing has been my professional life for the better part of 25 years. It is really not that bad. Shoot me a PM, if you have any questions.

Hope the paper and your presentation were well received.

Dang

20. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    With rent at $500 a month, and me being able to pay that, I would say that I live in affordable housing.