1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I Give Up

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Old Fart, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Old Fart

Old Fart Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2011

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Not only is his groove on point, but his bass face game is well beyond his years.

3. If only I’d listened to my parents when they told me to do my music practice.....

4. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

Well it’s nearing the end of October and finally some indication that 2020 wasn’t a complete waste of time.
    The kid is a nice feel good moment. Look out Pino.

5. The kid has got some chops!

Oh, and all that whine about "my small hands" should be directed to this vid . . .

6. This put the biggest smile on my face today! What a cutie :)

7. nilorius

nilorius Inactive Suspended

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    Come on dude, the bass is in Your heart, keep on playing and self learning. You are great !!!

8. He's actually using both Simandl and OFPF techniques. In the walking lines he's using OFPF quite a bit, using a lot of 1 2 4 (over 4 frets) and 1 2 3 4 chromatics (over 4 frets)

Eli_Kyiv, john m, -Asdfgh- and 2 others like this.
  9. Doesn't bother me when a young person can play really well, but it did bother me when the local luthier made my own equipment sound heaps better than I could.
    I came home & put my guitar up for sale, the same day!

Bad things aren't going to magically stop happening in January (2021).

I recall everyone begging for 2019 to end so Rock Stars would stop dying, but how did that work out for them?
    Blame Cancer for that!

10. Relentless lines. Strong finger style right hand. Yeah. I hope he doesn't get drawn into crappy music in 10 years.

Bajo Clarkko likes this.
  11. subtlestew

subtlestew

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    I salute the fact that this kid is opting to go fingerstyle without the slap/pop in the original. I like me some good finger-funk. You may say that he just can't slap/pop yet, and you may be right, but I, for one, respect his fingerstyle interpretation greatly (and, dare I say, prefer it.) You may say that's because I also can't slap/pop, and you may be right about that too. But this definitely is still very much on point!

12. subtlestew

subtlestew

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    I also love his lil' Jaco-style relic job. He's ready for TB!

13. The next time some adult asks if they get a shorty because they have small hands show them this. Go, Lightnin'!!!

14. Old Fart

Old Fart Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2011
    If there is one thing I know about music, it's that some folks have "got it" and others don't. In the film Mozart, Salieri did not have it and Mozart did. Salieri could recognize it, admire it and envy it, but he didn't "have" it. This kid....ahem....he's GOT it. You know....That Thing. The Thing.

I was once cruising PBS and happened upon a little asian girl standing next to an orchestra conductor holding a violin. I paused. Moments later, she pinched the violin under her chin, drew the bow across the strings and, for me, as they say, "the rains came." I teared up. I think that little rainmaker was Sarah Chang, who is now an adult and renowned violinist.

The 9 year-old boy...he's got it.

Clutchcargo, FenderB, DrMole and 6 others like this.
  15. Bajo Clarkko

Bajo Clarkko

Aug 9, 2015
    I’d like to see him with a Fu Manchu, maybe playing some Foghat, or Grand Funk Railroad.

The Kid is awesome.

16. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    This isn't real, right? It was created with some sort of app that makes you look like a kid, right? :D

[sigh]

Man...

[shakes head]

Spidey2112 likes this.
  17. wes stephenson

wes stephenson Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Dallas Texas!!!!
    That’s a mini bass. 27 scale, I think.

retslock and jamro217 like this.
  18. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I follow this kid. He's unreal.

OogieWaWa, Spidey2112 and JRA like this.
  19. Complete with cigarette burns on the peghead. :roflmao:

GroovyBaby, PWRL, 31HZ and 2 others like this.
  20. wes stephenson

wes stephenson Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Dallas Texas!!!!
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020