Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got points

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LarryO, Jul 23, 2004.

1. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I aquired 2 tickets to a Prince concert and gave them to my wife followed by the words, "you go, I'll stay home and babysit. Have a good time". I am now looking for a way to "Cash in" those points...LOL

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Fool. I think you could have cashed in better if you went with her. Unless you want a pass on buying some expensive toy, if that's the case you may have done the right thing. :ninja: :bag:

3. I'm hoping to use points tonight.

I want to see Eddie Money and .38 Special tonight. I don't know how my girlfriend is going to take it. I guess there's that point system for a reason. That's why I sit through all that Martha Stewart crap... :p

4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    Me too! :smug:

5. you only get points if she likes prince.

6. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    she likes Prince. In the past year I have bought her Duran Duran tickets taken her on a 3 week vacation to Louisiana and Florida aquired these Prince tickets for her plus she is a stay at home Mom. I forgot to mention that I work, pay the bills, clean house and do all the cooking. All I ask her to do is take care of our son and do laundry. I should have major points accumulated don't you think???

7. depends. are you a pretty boy?

8. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Geez, don't be so tough on him.

9. fine. Larry, are you a good witch or a bad witch?

10. danshee

danshee Banned

May 28, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois

Hell yah Larry, major points accumulated. If not, you're undervalued. I'll take care of your kids for you! I would cash in those points by going in the bathroom while she's taking a shower and then...............hmmmmmmmmm. Forget it.

11. thinking of pulling out the feminine charms and stealing this 'keeper." :p

12. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I never understood the point system. On one day a card, or a bouquet of flowers can mean 1 point, or 1000 points. A new car or vacation can be 1000 points, or negative points. Same thing for sex or chores. I have had points in the bank somehow get embezzled or something and next thing you know I have a bounced check when I try to cash in the points.

I don't get this thing. Does anyone have a guide to the point values of different things like babysitting, vacations, romantice evenings, etc. as well as the penalties for things like coming home too late, watching too much football, etc. ?