Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I got to meet FLEA!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by dhuffguitars, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    sorry if this is in the wrong section.

A little pic of my evening the other night!
    Flea, me and Mike Watt!!

2. dhuffguitars

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    another shot from where I got to watch the show. Taken with a disposable camera not zoomed in

3. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm still kinda bummed about all this D. Oh, well/ Live and learn. Sometimes I guess childhood idols don't always turn out to be who you think they will be. Mabye he ate a bad pita, ya think?:D
    Did the rest of the photos turn out ok?:confused:

4. dhuffguitars

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    I shot you some more in an email. For the most part yes. Some of the distance concert shots are grainy as was to be expected.

The anthony/ball shot turned out okay, and you can see flea there as well.

Should I post this pic of you with the Plower?!?!

5. dhuffguitars

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    He is on the "Zone Diet" book plan. He is looking a hell of a lot better, and was great to be around as always!

6. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I got the photo of me with the plower. Damn thing is such a short scale it looks like a guitar. Post it if you'd like. I really want to see this one of anthony with the balloon though.:eek:

Edit: got 'em the one with 3 of you guys turned out the best. Good thing to since it was the most important of the bunch. ;)

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Hmm......anyone think to invite flea to good ol TB? (I'll even buy his supporting membership :D )

Fixer, was flea a jerk? do tell!

8. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Posting the pics so they automatically come up.

[​IMG]

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ooo, do tell.

10. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I'm only posting this because I can't find any other way to subcribe. I wanna hear the Flea story.

11. Was this in seattle? at the key arena? Im so uninformed.. had to hear about the show the day after it happened. Lets hear this story though... ive met quite aa few rockstars, and alot of em get road worn and unsocial.

On another note.. you got a shop in spokane where I could stop by and check out some of those basses sometime?

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    AHHG tell us if Flea was a douche,, TELL US!

13. Deano Destructo

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well this is Darrin's thread so if he expresses that he wants my opinions shared on this subject in this thread then I will share.

I first off want to convey that the comment was made totally IMHO and Flea may have been having a bad night. Although in a way I am probably more upset and sad by the other night and its events than I should be. Please keep both of these points in mind.

Having said that. I still have too much respect for him and the musical contributions he's made to drag his name through the mud publicly on what could have been a personally bad night for him and his band. If he did not turn out like the person I thought he would be that is my mistake and not his.:(

If Turner or any of you turned out not to be as you potray yourselves for whatever reason I would not share my opinions with your peers and fans since they are in fact my opinions and views.

Although, I think enough conclusions can be drawn from the above comments I've made above though for you to understand I was disappointed........

14. dhuffguitars

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    Fixer and I probably first caught him at a bad time to talk to him. He was sitting in his dressing room by himself, the door was open and was sitting in plain site. I said hi and asked if I could get an autograph. He shook his head no so we just moved on. It's the whole you never get a 2nd chance to make a first impression.

Watt was kind enough to introduce me to Flea, he talked a little to me. I asked for a photo, and it seemed like that was a struggle. SO I didn't bother to ask for his autograph again.

We could of just caught him on a bad night, but yeah we didn't catch the Flea we were hoping to meet.

I also got a death stare from Anthony after taking his pic.........

15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    What a shame, too bad anthony didn't sock you, could of been worth a few bills :D

I guess you never know until you are on that side of the fence, but it would too make me feel bad.

16. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, let down or not, at least you got to meet him, to look on the bright side a little bit.

17. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey ryan! welcome back! :)

18. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey, sometimes folks forget who made their lifestyle possible. :meh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.