1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I had a date...YAY!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by disenchant, May 30, 2007.

1. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I think I finally met someone nice. He's a co-worker of a longtime friend of mine. I went with my longtime friend to see this guy's band play. He's a bassist...imagine that! We got to talking because we play the same bass (A Warwick RockBass) but for different reasons. He likes it because it's good for the slap and pop and I like it because it kicks a-- at rock and metal. Anyway, we just clicked, we have similar other interests too. He is...ahem...9 years younger than me. So just call me Demi Moore. BUT I've recently dated a 35 year-old who was afraid of commitment; a 38-year-old who calls me and then disappears for 2 weeks, and then calls me again, and then disappears for 2 weeks; and a 31-year-old that could barely figure out how to tie his own shoes. Oh, and the other 35-year old that chewed with his mouth open. This 23-year old hottie has more drive and determination, maturity and FUN than all the others. :spit:

We just did karaoke night and I attempted to sing which wasn't a good idea since I have a cold right now. But I'm finally having fun, and I haven't smiled this much in a looooong time :D

YAY! :hyper:

2. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    Did he get lucky????? :confused:

;) :p

3. Awesome Dis :D

Glad to hear you found a decent guy and had such a good time!

I'm hoping to find a decent girl and have a good time sometime soon too! :D

4. disenchant

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    He's just LUCKY to have me! That's all the luck he gets right now.

5. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    We're all lucky to have you, dis. Don't let love get in the way of the really important things in life -- Like OT! :D

6. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    great to hear you found someone cool. life is much better with someone to enjoy it with.

7. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    So, when is the ceremonial deflowering of the virgin? Will you hang a sheet out of the window? When's the wedding date?

C'mon! Inquiring TB minds want to know!

8. Great news! Thanks for telling me. I had 2 chics flirt with me today with no provocation from me. Always feels good. Might as well share it hey ;)

Great too!

Cradle snatcher ;)

Loser

Cheater

Very trainable - husband material :D

Honest man. Good on him for being himself in front of you and not leading you into a false belief he is more than he is.

Hottie? Well, noone told me that!!! Ignore all above. You rock and know your stuff girl!! You will find my contact details in a PM very soon. (j/k)

From a first date? How cool!! You need to get out more I think :p :bag:

9. Man ain't that the truth... damn I need to find someone to take on a date!

10. disenchant

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    Well, since I'm a virgin and he's a virgin we will have the traditional hunter and virgin huntress ritual, where I will lay down my virginity to the land.

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    You're too good for him. Dump his funky ass.

12. disenchant

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I love his funky style. He is all about the slap and the pop while I like it LOUD and LOW. Bass of course. This was date #2, and there IS the 3 date rule.

Did I mention he has beautiful eyes? *sigh*

13. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Maki's...

head...

just...

[​IMG]

:D

14. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    don't put out any earlier than 4 good long dates if you want him to respect you afterwards. well there are 2 kinda guys.
    you give it up early and they don't respect ya, that's the category i fall under, but there are the guys that get it soon and are so happy they're not gonna leave you alone. either way the longer the way the better chance the relationship has.

but he is a lot younger than you so maybe your just looking for a fun fling. i dont' know

do what ya want

15. Sorry, you are 9 years his senior, and have NO experience in the finer points of love making across at least one or two partners to know what you do and don't like? Fine, thats your choice. I respect and admire it, I didn't want that :)

Down under here though people your ages, that wouldn't last long IME. If it did, to me whoever is happy living like that is more interested in towing the lines of life than experiencing it. My opinion only. No offence meant and I wish you the best of luck in the relationships you hope to form in a positive and mutually beneficial way.

My choices have been both pleasurable and painful as well, and I've suffered for them, and expect to have to answer to some along my life journey. I still feel better positioned to help my children grow up than if I had chosen to live my life to someone elses standards and expectations (which I did for many years hence my philosophies today).

16. disenchant

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    huh? :confused:

what ARE you talking about?

17. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    <----is 22 :p and a bassplayer...
    haha

congrats!! i hope date #3 goes well.

18. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    dis, I think DC is taking you seriously. Now, what have I told you about putting smilies at the end of your posts?????

Hmmmmm?????

Use the damn smilies!!!!! :D

19. disenchant

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I thought the virgin huntress ritual was enough to let one know I wasn't serious...

I'm divorced...so I CLEARLY ain't no virgin. I don't know about him for sure, but right now all signs point to "negatory."

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

20. Sorry, just read this. You know girls like sex too right? They're just not "allowed to" be seen to like it. And each relationship is individual, so placing blanket rules over them all seems restrictive behaviour to me.

So I never judge a woman by how soon or how frequently she wants to have sex with me (alone!). And I don't expect a judgement to come back my way if I feel good enough about "us" to express a desire to consumate the feeling.

I've had relationships that held off for date after date that died a week after shagging. I've also had longer term relationships that practically started off in the sack too. I've had all kinds of encounters up to 34 and I bloody love the memories of my life. Hmmm, I think at this point I'm just bragging or being beligerent, so I'll take this opportunity to shut up and...oh look .... o_0 ...

A door.

==>

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021