Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I hate sad goodbyes...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The 0x, Jun 5, 2005.

1. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I've gotta give back the 1972 Fender Precision Bass tomorrow to my teacher. He's let me borrow it for 6 or so months, and i've grown very attached to it. :( He wants it back now for the summer. I've posted a photo album of it on Friendster, complete with ashtrays. I'm gonna miss it. :( :( :(

2. What are you gonna get to replace it?

3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I've got my Cort P, which is okay for now, but eventually I think imma save up for a '62 reissue, or get a really beat up one on eBay. Maybe an essex will do 'til then as well.

4. Yeah man, I can definately see you with a '62 Reissue!

:bassist:

5. Whos your instructor? I might know him - heh.

6. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Do you know Ed Goldstein? He teaches at Loch Raven High.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Hey man, at least you can say you had the opportunity to play such a great bass for that long. My '78 cost me a pretty penny but it's my grail, and was totally worth it. Now start putting some money aside to buy yourself another REAL bass.

8. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Heh, I should start saving up for that Lemmified P-bass I wanna get custom made. :bassist:

9. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    'Tis better to have loved for a short while than never to have loved at all.....' or something like that.

10. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
    Sorry to hear that, mate. Looks like a real catch. I'm sure your bass will come up soon, at a great price! Good luck.

11. ...sounds like you should have been saving for the last 6 months.

but i wish i had that opportunity.