Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I HATE TACO BELL

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by eric atkinson, Jan 12, 2005.

1. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Ok just answer me this! Why ask a person if they want hot or mild sauce then give them none no matter what the answer is? :mad:

2. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    That happened to me last week. Ruined my life.

BTW, Fire sauce is the way to go.

3. Keep a stash of it in you fridge. Next time you go in just grab handfuls.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Why must people make threads about menial facts of their life? 'im so angryy right now i just stubbed my toe grawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr'. OT is :rolleyes:

5. I can honestly say i've NEVER had that happen to me at Taco John's.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That never happens to me. You know why? I don't eat at Taco Bell. I also don't have any problems with Long John Silver or KFC for the very same reason.

brad cook

7. Isn't Taco Bell the company that rips farmers off who produce food? Isn't this the company that Tom Morello hates?

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Does it matter? They make a product that's cheaper than food, and it's quite a treat when you're abosolutely hammered and it's Midnight on a Saturday, just out of the concert, and you need something to help you maintain until you get home.

...I hope that wasn't oddly specific...

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I thought he hated all of the companies.

brad cook

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I guess you don't have Taco Cabana in Port St. Lucie. That's too bad. It's a far superior place for fast faux-mexican food. They even make their own tortillas. Sometimes I like to just stop by and get some queso and tortillas and then pack up a bunch of little containers of salsa, limes, jalapenos and pico de gallo from their salsa bar.

brad cook

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, not all of them. He's got the record company, the management company, the company of his friends and family...

12. I'm sorry, but I believe in fair trade, and any company that aint into that needs to be shut down. Just like Wal Mart and Taco Bell.

13. That's just awful what they did, HOW DARE THEY?????!?!?! Evil. I think you should go right to the source and write a formal letter of complaint to the CEO, or try to arrange a meeting in person to express your just outrage. (the ones around here usually have the sauce packets out in the open so you don't have to ask. :p )

(PS: A grande soft taco, along with the Quesadilla+taco combo usually satisfies me.:))

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    He probably went through the drive-thru. That's the only thing I hate about drive-thrus is when you don't get the condiments you asked for or you don't get enough condiments. I always forget to check.

brad cook

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm boycotting the company of my friends because when I was a kid and I used to collect and trade baseball cards they never gave me fair trades. I believe in fair trade.

brad cook

16. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Ya can't say I HATE taco bell. It just isn't done. Please change your title as it just isn't right. It would be nice if you were were a little more honest with youself, and us. I'm ANGRY with taco bell? SOMETIMES taco bell tics me off? What's the mattter with SOME of the people that work in the taco bell near me. C'mon man. Get in touch with your feelings. Please don't ever say you HATE taco bell again. It's just wrong. You people. I hate talkbass.

Also - my peave is that I always say, give me ONE of each sauce, and they always throw in EIGHT of each sauce.

Ever stare at a word until it looks really weird and you wonder if it was always spelled that way and whether or not you spelled right. the number 8 above is talking to me. what does it mean when 8s start talking to you? they're not telling me to do anything bad.

17. pierce

pierce freethinker

May 25, 2000
    San Francisco, Ca

actually, their beans and potatoes are produced by a company here in san francisco, who has farms in idaho, and other states. more than likely the other vegetables are bought from distributors. THOSE distributors are the ones screwing over the little guys by playing the "i can get it cheaper elsewhere" game. they do this because they underbid the competition to get the taco bell contract, and now its the only way they can make a profit is too do this, and cut corners.

i have seen this in many cases where contractors underbid to just "get the contract". then they cut as many corners as possible. businesses who take the lowest bidder as their only deciding factor are getting less than they pay for.

on the other hand, the company that underbids itself will often do so believing that there will be a longterm relationship. usually that relationship never materializes, as the corporation will go will the lowest bidder again.

sorry to hijack this thread with a rant, but its one of my peeves. the bottom line may be profit, but profit without longevity and quality is what is going to kill / already killing, the free enterprise system.

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I get that way with the word sandwich.

19. Taco Bell Is Like that everywhere bro, Not only do they not give ya Hot Sauce, I didnt get s spork with my pintos and Cheese...now that was fun... :help:

20. Taco Bell taste good