I just purchased a secondhand Fender 300 Pro (Sun logo)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Odyjon, Feb 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Odyjon

Odyjon

May 10, 2012
    Chicago
    So here's what I am wondering.
    I also have a Fender Bassman 410h on the way (which has the sunn logo at the bottom of the grill on the cab) which I believe runs at 8 ohms and I'm hoping is plenty of room for the Fender 300 pro.
    If not, I also have a workingman pro which is 8 ohms but is 250 watts added. (Not too be used alone)
    Would this work out? I'm not the best with any of these diagrams. Any knowledge and background would be awesome.
    Thanks TB

2. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    I just got one yesterday. Make sure the switch on the back matches the ohms of the cab configuration. The amp will run 300 watts at 8,4, and 2 ohms.

kpc, Primakurtz and thombo like this.
  3. I’m sure you figured it out but just don’t crank that head because that head really pushes. You should be fine. If you add the cab switch the head to 4 ohms.

4. Odyjon

Odyjon

May 10, 2012
    Chicago
    So if I use two 8 ohm 4x10s, Run her at 4 ohms?

5. COFFINMAGIC

COFFINMAGIC

Mar 25, 2018
    Yes that’s right. The math is tricky but important. ;)

6. Odyjon

Odyjon

May 10, 2012
    Chicago
    So then like above, 4x10 and 2x10 that are both 8ohm. also go 4 on the fender?

7. COFFINMAGIC

COFFINMAGIC

Mar 25, 2018
    Definitely. Depending on who you ask and the wattage ratings on the cabinets it can sometimes be a bad idea based on uneven power distribution but ohm-wise that’s right. And with that cab combo you should be good. But if you hooked up like an 8ohm 8x10 and an 8ohm 1x15? Could be weird.

8. Odyjon

Odyjon

May 10, 2012
    Chicago
    Haven't ever done a combination like that.
    I got really lucky on my first ever bass amp. A Phil Jones Briefcase. LOUD AS shag.. That was in 2008. Before that it was a simple crate practice amp..