1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I made a mistake

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by astronauts_suck, Apr 20, 2006.

1. I got the most wicked sunburn ever the other day. My back looks like bright red bubble-wrap, i.e., there are blisters all over it.:bawl:I'm surprised that I can make myself shower with this....

Take my advice, and WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!!

2. flatwounds

flatwounds

Apr 22, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Sun:1
    Astronauts: 0

Lesson learned. You won't be doing that again anytime soon. That will peel real good.

Also, apart from the sunburn, i hear skin cancer can be a real b***h too.

Aloe vera is the best I can offer you, my friend.
    Bathe in it:smug:

Do you look like this guy now? -->:mad:

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Hm, yesterday I was outside at a trackmeet from 9-5, and some of my friends really toasted. I mean, I got to laugh at my friend's beater tan because when he took it off...well, it looked like it was still there, to say the least.

I tanned a bit, pole vaulted really bad, and then tanned soem more...kinda. Used some lotion with SPF15, and was like whatever. Considering I've only been burned twice in my life, at the moment I don't really care about this stuff :p

One more thing - when I first saw the title of the thread, I thought it was going to be another of those girl threads...popping up lately.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Oh Steph knows, I remember those pics.

On the other hand, you know what's fun to do to bubble wrap? Pop every bubble!!!!

pop......pop pop...........pop....pop

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  6. That's just not nice;)

7. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    hahaha...Bummer man.

8. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    second degree burns are the worst.

i got'em pretty bad when i was in kindergarten. huge blisters on my shoulders. i had to be treated with extreme caution in my class for a few weeks.

i remember during an assembly, suddenly noticing a cool trickle running down my back. :eek:

9. Tomass

Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    yer in January we went waterskiing, so being your typical 16 year old male i tried to get some tan. A couple of days after my shoulders and the top half of my back was blistering. Now some parts of the skin is still red and u can see those varicos veins. Defently not cool, ill never do that again

10. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    I'm at high risk for skin cancer (almost everyone in my mom's side of the family has had it), so I ALWAYS put on sunscreen when I know I'll be in the sun for a while.

11. I made a mistake too, I played a flat

anyway I know the deal, got red hair, so I basically burn when I think of sunlight

12. It takes a minimum of 3 days in the Oregon Desert for me to burn. And then I only burn on my ears, my shoulders, and the backs of my calves.

But the weird thing is, I don't tan, either. The last time I had a REAL tan was in '97 when I spent 2 weeks in Washington DC during July and August. And I came back pretty damn tan.

Rock on
    Eric

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

Try some cold aloe ointment , I hope you feel better.

14. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Be careful. A not uncommon site for skin cancer to form is on the ears, the nose and the lips or tender mouth area, even the scalp. Also the top of the feet,a common sunburn area for those who are barefoot or just wearing flip flops.

Repeated sun burns up the probability of skin cancer.

15. I'm clear so far. Yeah, my mom ended up with a malignant melanoma on her calf, but they found it early and removed it. I'm just not afraid of the sun. Skin cancer is RARE. Yes, the "incidence" of skin cancer is growing. But that is an artifact of more people REPORTING skin cancer, then the actual increase in the number of people who have it.

People have been going without sunscreen for thousands of years, and have been fine the entire time.

Rock on
    Eric