1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I NEED HELP TO BUY AMP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zambeque, Aug 12, 2012.

1. zambeque

zambeque

Aug 12, 2012
    Hello.
    I want to buy a amplificator, and I was to see these:
    - Orange Crush Pix 50BXT/BEQ/BEU/
    - Behringer BXL3000THE Ultrabass
    - Behringer BXL900THE Ultrabass
    Maximum i can spend 300eur. Can i be help you choose, or say a few best within that price? Thank You

2. Go 2nd hand/used. Those amps you list are, I think 50watts-Orange, 90 & 300watts both Behringer amps.
    Behringer have not got a great name in the reliability area. Lots of failed products. But, some do last & so, .......
    The Orange is only really a practise amp. I don't think it'd get loud enough to play with a good drummer.
    What do you want an amp for? Just to hear yourself, or play with drums, guitar etc..?
    I'd look for used amps by GK, Hartke, look for a minimum of 200w & a minimum of either 2x10"speakers, or a 1x15"speaker if playing with others is your goal.

3. zambeque

zambeque

Aug 12, 2012
    i know...
    i have a band, and i play with drums, guitar, voice ...
    see:
    our style are + /- incubus, Alice in chains, tool.. if it were you, what amp i bought?

4. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    Hey! you aren't half bad... Good name IMO.

+1 on rodl's feedback.

For €300 you can't get 'huge amazing rig' new or used... but you can definitely get a solid combo new or used, or a fairly entry level head and cab new - or probably a decent head and cab used.

Check out used and new hartke, peavey, gallien kreuger, and others like laney and traynor.
    Your ears are what decides what's good and bad. :bassist:

Oh and when on stage... try this:
    :D

Funny but legit. ;)

Good luck.:hyper:

5. zambeque

zambeque

Aug 12, 2012
    Obrigado
    tenho de ver isso...
    por enquanto nao vou comprar coluna e cabeça, vou comprar mesmo o aplificador.

ahahahaha, quanto ao palco xD vou ver isso

Thanks

6. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    Here's google translates version of your post above:

"thank you
    I have to see it ...
    for now I will not buy spine and head, I'll even buy the amplifier.

ahahahaha, as the stage I see it xD

Thanks
    "

If you have specific models in mind, there is a review section on this site and others you can check for user ratings. These should give you insight into reliability and ruggedness. :D

7. Tcoon42102

Tcoon42102

Aug 12, 2012
    You should try the GK ultralight series they are around that price

8. zambeque

zambeque

Aug 12, 2012
    HAHAHAHAHA, google translate
    it's the worst I've ever seen, omgggggg

ahahaha, where?
    tks

9. zambeque

zambeque

Aug 12, 2012
    ok....
    thanks, Tcoon

10. zambeque

zambeque

Aug 12, 2012
  11. zambeque

zambeque

Aug 12, 2012
  12. The Fender only has 40W, whereas the GK has 600W,.... you need as many W's as possible when you play bass... Minimum 200W..... The Fender is a practice amp, and not to play in a band....if you have to choose... go with the Gallien Krueger...

13. zambeque

zambeque

Aug 12, 2012
  14. Get the 212 GK combo

15. zambeque

zambeque

Aug 12, 2012
    price 699 EUR, here's the problem

16. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    Yup. GK gear isn't very cheap new - even the entry level stuff.

There are other options that are only a little outside your budget:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/gallien_krueger_mb112.htm (which allows powered cabs later)

is an example. You won't find many decent 200W+ amps for less than 300 EUR. 100W gives you lots more options but generally means a quieter combo - even including relatively large cone area (115 or 210).

Google translate does blow somewhat. :D

17. I have to agree, this would be a good beginning Combo for you to start off with, and you'll be able to add on later on.... 349EU.. Decent price!!!

18. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Yep......google translator....

OP, these guys are giving good advise.

I'm going to start saying "head" and "spine" instead of "amp" and "speaker". And I'm going to start saying "amplificator" a lot. That's just cool.:D

In your budget, you might end up with a combo that's too weak. Probably get a good amplificator, or spine for that money, but not both. Get one, save money for the other.