1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need help!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thepeachmode, Jun 11, 2007.

1. thepeachmode

thepeachmode

Jun 11, 2007
    I want to buy a new or second hand electric bass to play rock and alternative rock, can anybody help me??? This will be my first guitar, I'm buying it to learn basics and I can afford 300$ max. :)

I'm waiting for ur advices:help:

2. SX. Find one at Rondo Music.

3. thepeachmode

thepeachmode

Jun 11, 2007
    Are there more choices you know?

4. I think a used MIM (made in Mexico) Fender Jazz or Precision bass would be good. They are about $500 new, and I'm pretty sure you could get one for about $300 used.

5. thepeachmode

thepeachmode

Jun 11, 2007
    I'll keep them in my mind

6. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    if you can get a used BC Rich go for it :bag:

but they're hard to find for $300... other than that, a MIM Jazz is nice

7. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Inactive

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    hes going to need an amp too...

8. thepeachmode

thepeachmode

Jun 11, 2007
    haha, lol
    of course, I forgot the amp

9. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    ok... if ur just starting out, get a starter kit. has amp, bass, pretty much everything you need to start. I got a silvertone kit for christmas a few years ago (my first bass) and its not bad. all black p-bass nockoff... i still play it now and then, i'll never get rid of it

10. 30hrz

30hrz

May 13, 2007
    Toronto
    Can you rent? I think this is a good option for you. Or get one of those starter kits, if you are just starting out i think they'll do just fine.

11. For the money if you can deal with the color, or hot pink, the Dean Zone is a GREAT sounding bass. Here is my Nuclear Green one.
    They are usually around $199.00 from Musicians Friend.
    DSC_0251.gif
    DSC_0250.gif
    DSC_0249.gif
    DSC_0246.gif

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021