I need some help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Th3rd day, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Th3rd day

Th3rd day

Aug 18, 2004
    Im new at these forums and Im new at bass kinda. I was wondering what is the major difference between fender P-basses and precision basses and j basses and jazz bass because I thought they were the same thing but prices range a lot. I guess its a stupid question but thanks anyway.
  2. Heya.

Here on this forum and many others.. we are all quite lazy.

So we type P for precision and J for Jazz.. Everyone here knows what they mean, so its accepted.. almost part of the Forum slang if you will.

As for the price difference you see among different basses.. If you check the Fender website (www.fender.com) you will see that the

American Series & Highway Series are made in America
    Standard And Deluxe Series are made in Mexico
    Squires are made in Korea.

Some basses and guitars are made in Japan as well.

Due to the cost of construction, labour, quality control and parts these basses differ in price from country to country and you will see that some basses will outwiegh another.

For example An American Fender is supposed to be the Top of theyre line up.. where as the Squire sits at the bottom.

I hope this helps somewhat
  3. 4string4ever

4string4ever Guest

Apr 18, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    Also the Highway series, while assembled in the US, is made up of lower quality parts than the American series, which will explain the pricing difference between the two.