1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I need your opinion/help PLEASE!! Pedulla content

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by p-nut95, Feb 27, 2008.

1. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Is this a good deal??Is this worth trying to get my parents to buy, im just a poor 16 year old kid. I normally see these going for much more and always fretless. Please i need ur help!

http://elderly.com/vintage/items/55U-4019.htm

2. jakusx

jakusx

Nov 11, 2007
    Fort Lauderdale
    The worse they can say is no.

3. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    i know that but ive never played this bass and i have only seen them used going for much more.

4. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Um YEAAAA!:bassist:

5. rzm61

rzm61

Feb 26, 2008
    Is this your first bass?
    If so I would say go for something different and a bit cheaper.

**** in general I would say go for something different/cheaper.
    However you get what you pay for.

6. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    NO NO NO im 16 been play for 5 years and i already have a warwick $$ so this cant be a step down from my wick....how do think this will sound coming from my eden 2x12 and my hartke 3500a?

7. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    I say, no, IMO,I don't think it's worth that.
    Theres a rather large chip in it that I really don't thing you'll buff out and it looks as though someone has changed the jack in it (though i'm not a pedulla expert). FWIW, for what elderly wants for it, unless you have your heart set on a pedulla, there will be many o' different basses that can be had at that price for brand new.
    but that's just my .002.

8. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    im more set on a streamer stage II but thats far outta of my and parents reach for now. they also have this which i thought was a crazy deal too I never see modulus' this cheap ever

http://elderly.com/vintage/items/55U-4030.htm

9. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    those don't seem all that cheap...i'd buy from the TB classifieds.

10. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    You should try some other places, instead of just Elderly.

http://www.bassemporium.com/bass_emporium.php?Used Basses

Sometimes you can find stuff here, but unfortunately not in you respective price range (currently):

http://www.basscentral.com/2003/used.shtml

11. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Outstanding bass at a good price, assuming there are no quality / playability issues. IMO it's a huge upgrade over your current bass. I'd offer them 1250 shipped. II believe it could be easily resold for that on TB.

12. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    do you own one? It doesnt say that this is a pentabuzz, but it looks like one.

13. Assuming it is in good shape from a functional point of view that is a good deal. Those are really good basses. The Buzz basses (pentabuzz) are the fretless models, the MVP is fretted. Which is what it looks like this is. Elderly is great, I've gotten a bunch of stuff from them. I take it you are not near Lansing? If you are I'd drive up and play it first, that's a lot to spend on something sight unseen.

14. lowb1970

lowb1970

Feb 29, 2004
    Columbia SC
    Well, if everything is working properly, this is a GREAT deal. It may have neck issues, or some spotty electronics. This is a very low price for a Pedulla bass. I would pursue it to the max and if things are in good order you might want to consider a contract of odd jobs around the house and mowing the lawn without being told to help convince your parents. :p Good luck! :bassist:

15. This got me curios, so I had a look. List price on a new MVP 5 string, with the AA (as opposed to AAA) top is $4695.00.

16. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I'm a Pedulla-holic (2 Raptures, used to have a ThunderBolt 6). I watch them on the used market and that's a pretty good price as long as everything works well (ask about frets, electronics, hardware, etc.)

The big thing to look out for is the truss rod nut: Pedulla uses a proprietary truss rod nut and tool (a 4-sided autoharp tuning wrench). It's not uncommon for idiot owners/repairmen to use a hex (6-sided) truss tool and strip the nut, leaving the truss rod unadjustable. Pedulla charges $550 to replace the truss rod. I learned this the hard way after buying my 'Bolt 6 off of eBay.

Most Pedullas of this age have finish chips, especially solid colors. I suspect that's because these are stellar instruments that beg to be played!