1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I own a peavy (hold face down). Millennium AC Bxp

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by curtdawg, Dec 25, 2017.

1. curtdawg

curtdawg

Feb 16, 2016
    Wiring trouble. I'm missing the condenser. Best place to shop? Wiring diagram would be nice. Searched but they all want money for it. Honestly, I've played for about 6 years but never did my own work on my basses. I really haven't had much trouble except w this bass but it sounds so good. I've brought this to the shop.... Worked for a year and it crapped out. Someone please help!!

2. jchrisk1

jchrisk1

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    Not sure what you mean by 'condensor'. Maybe capacitor? But, they usually don't just 'go missing'. Usual case is dirty volume pots or dirty/loose connection on the output jack. You could try quickly turning the knobs completely back and forth a few times. Sometimes this will dislodge dust on the potentiometer wiper. Also, check your wiring to make sure everything is still connected. If you tighten nuts without holding the part in place, a lot of times they will break off. And, of course there are the easily overlooked things like a bad cable. And dead batteries, if you have them.

3. jchrisk1

jchrisk1

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern MI
    You can contact Peavey customer service for a schematic. They are pretty good about sending them via email.

4. Hey @curtdawg
    I've taken the cavity cover off my Millennium AC BXP. Ready to go over the wiring with you any time :thumbsup: Don't quite understand what you mean by 'condensor' if like @jchrisk1 asks you mean 'capacitor' then that poses a problem.

The Millennium AC is an active bass and doesn't have 'caps' soldered to any pots.

Give me a shout and we'll get your Peavey up and running.

mech likes this.
  5. mech

mech Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Meridian, MS, USA
    @curtdawg ....your bass has a preamp module and it's not serviceable except for replacement. Good advice above but first things first....make sure the batteries are good.