1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I want to make a very small clean boost, help?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rocks, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Rocks

Rocks

Mar 9, 2009
    Willoughby, Ohio
    As the title says I want to make a very small clean boost, I don't need much boost, just a few db's would be enough. Anyone have any ideas?

Note: this is going inside an acoustic/electric bass, the pickup is just a bit weak and the guitar isn't worthy of expensive electronics.

2. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2009
  3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Check over on diystompboxes.com for a super easy boost circuit. Also there are many descriptions of a good FET boost/buffer in the Pickups & Electronics forum.

4. Rocks

Rocks

Mar 9, 2009
    Willoughby, Ohio
    cool, thanks! The guitar plays great after a bit of tweaking, its a Dean I got as part of a trade, they basically tossed it in as a freebee. I have it strung with chromes and have changed the saddle and got the action really nice. But they used some weak electronics, the tone is fine, but the output is weak.