1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Artcore AS140...String length?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by timmus, Sep 18, 2010.

1. timmus

timmus Supporting Member

Hey folks,

I have an ASB140 that I would love to put some flats on it...They use a longer string than my Fenders it seems. I had bought some chromes and I was going to try them on the ASB140 but they were too short so I ended up putting them on one of my Fenders (which is OK 'cause I was going to do it eventually anyway).

Does anyone else have this bass that they've changed their strings on or put flats on? What length strings did you have to buy?

2. BoRadBass

BoRadBass

Feb 4, 2009
    CT,USA
    I had a ABG140 and I put on rotosound monel flats. The silk wrap on the "E" string went on to the nut so I cut it with an xacto knife and unwound the silk a little but. They were a great match for that bass, and probably for ASB as well.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021