Ibanez EDB 405?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JoshK, Oct 28, 2005.

1. I have one of these fine basses, and am just wondering if other people have one of these. I won it about 3 years ago off ebay, and only recently started taking lessons.

Since then I have only seen about 3 pictures on the internet, and one 4 string version (same color as mine) in a guitar shop that was in North(or south) Carolina.

Besides that I have another question. What is the difference between my bass and say a EDB 605?

P.S. I live in Wisconsin, and am 15 years old. I love my bass and really want to learn to play good. :) Also my bass is a deep purplish blue.
  2. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    A 405?
    I have a 600, and recently saw another EDB is a music store. It was purplish and had a single pickup.
    Man... one of the worst basses Ive ever played (that music store also doesnt keep good care of their instruments. It needed a set up really badly). It didnt have the signature luthite body either.

Lol. Now that Ive insulted that bass, is it yours? (Im sorry if I insulted it!)

If it is...
    then more or less everything is different.. save for the maple neck.
    The 600 has:
    a luthite (its a plastic. not great.. not bad..) body
    two soapbars.
    3 band electronics
    rosewood (I dont know what kind) fretboard.
  3. That definatly isn't mine. My bro has a SR1305 and he says my basses tone is pretty good, and kinda close to his. Also my bass is heavier than his (and he has a heavy bass).

My bass has two soapbars, active EQ, maple neck I believe, and possibly a rosewood fretboard also.

I know the shape of my bass is just like the new ones...I'll put up a picture in a minute or two of mine.

EDIT: Here are some pictures.

4. Thanks. Would anyone happen to know what specific hard shell case of Ibanez's is made to fit this bass?

Thanks for you help guys, keep it coming.
  5. I "Think" they just used the ATK1000C case for the EDB's, (they also used it for the ATK's and BTB's)

The only Ergodyne series to have its on hardcase i think is the one i have (EDA), and its an EDA1000C (i think), so, hope that helps
  6. Thanks for the help. Anymore information or confirmations?

Have a good morning guys(and girls).
  7. Up for the quest of more knowlege.
  8. Anymore information from the masses?
  9. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I had an EDB600, and it sucked. I hated it. The happiest day of my life was when I sold it.
  10. jmac85

Mar 22, 2008
    Duluth, MN
    A little background -- I've been playing bass for twelve years, cover bands for five of those years. I play EVERYTHING from old country to Tool. My dad was my teacher and he taught me that the best learning tool is playing every type of music you can.

I have this bass! And low and behold its the same blue-ish purple color. As of right now I have it through a Hartke HA4000 amp, eminence 15" speaker and my zoom b2.1u. Not too sure about the history of the bass. I can get a WHOLE bunch of sounds out of it though!

My dad won it off ebay and decided he didn't have use for a 5-string, so he sold it to me :D $200.00 was a price I couldn't refuse. The active electronics on this thing kick and unlike the 5-string that I just sold since buying this bass, the B string has absolutely no decreased volume! It's also one of the only basses I've played for under $1000 that I can get that crisp sound Justin Chancellor from Tool gets! It's great for everything else though as I am in a cover band that covers everything from Chuck Berry to Buck Cherry. I would say hold onto this bass and get it professionally set up! I know I'll be holding onto mine for a long time!

Hope this helps