1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ibanez gsr205 5-string bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slipkorn917, May 15, 2011.

1. slipkorn917

slipkorn917

Sep 6, 2010
    i'm planning on getting a 5-string bass and i don't have a lot of money to spend so i was looking at some basses and i saw the ibanez gsr205. it's only $250, and i already have an ibanez 4-string so i like ibanez basses but i've been thinking of maybe trying out a different brand. does anyone own or have played the gsr205? if so, is it a good bass? i mostly play metal.

Ibanez.com | Basses | GSR205

2. I own the GSR200 and for the money it is a very good bass. Right now i am playing a Squier Deluxe Jazz V which is pretty good, a little heavy and the B is floppy with some strings, but overall it's a very good bass. You wont go wrong with either of those.

Liam

3. GregDunn

GregDunn

Jan 8, 2009
    Keep in mind that the GIO series basses have the wider, thicker neck, not the SR series slim neck. If you care.

4. I've used the GSR205 for both live and recording purposes (with some mods) since 2006. The GSR205 is a dependable bass as long as you remove the annoyingly-noisy Phat II circuitry. Then you can either rewire it like a jazz bass (2 volumes + 1 master tone) or a Yamaha BB1000MA (3-way toggle switch, master volume + master tone). I've tried both mods and the BB1000MA mod works best for me.