ibanez question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shatteredisguis, Jun 28, 2005.

1. shatteredisguis

Jun 27, 2005
    hello everyone :)

i'm new to the board and also to playing bass, i wanted one since i can remember but never had the money nor actually the time to get one and try, lately i have been trying to play guitar and i like it altho i still know i preffer a bass much better (i have tried some before)

right now i see one on ebay, it is rather cheap :

and am thinking of getting it, (i am left handed yes)
    thing is i have no idea about this bass, i know the ibanez BTB400 serie and like them alot altho i cant afford it right now,
    can anyone either tell me what kind of questions i should email the seller about? or if this seems a good deal for a begginer?

i would really appreciate some advise :)

thanks alot!!
  2. Robbase

Mar 13, 2005
    Hey dude...why import from Holland? The price in US is about 170 $..in canadian 220$..Ibanez has ok bass guitars..I have a SR 500, but I cant believe you cant find something In the Amerikas...accept you are from Europe...You can even get a used P Bass made in Mexico for that money...anyhow good luck
  3. shatteredisguis

Jun 27, 2005
    i just registered yesterday so i didnt do my profile yet hehe i live in holland thats why ;)
  4. Robbase

Mar 13, 2005
    ok...makes sence mein Herr...anywow than go for it...my first bass was also an Ibanez, and I loved the super fast neck...its a very good allround bass...have fun main...
  5. shatteredisguis

Jun 27, 2005
    hmm, any idea on what i should ask the seller first? like specs or anything?

i'm not very familiar with that :/
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hang around here for a bit, and do some research on basses. Don't buy the first one you see.

7. shatteredisguis

Jun 27, 2005
    its not the first one i see :)
    its the first one i see i can afford AND is for left handed people...

so i'm very intrested :)
  8. Hi, it looks like an older model, because I don't recognize the shape and "CT-series" doesn't ring a bell. Don't get me wrong, I 'm not saying it's a bad bass because I've never heard of it ;)
    Anyways, I would ask it's age and if it has been used for gigs.

BTW Robbase,

That's German... :smug:
  9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Do you live nearby this dude? If so you can go test it, and if you know someone who has some experience with guitars/basses, ask him to come with you. He could spot things like warped necks, cracks, etc.. Haven't heard about the CT series tough..

Waar in Nederland woon je? ;)
  10. shatteredisguis

Jun 27, 2005
    that is what i have found about it : (seems to be only reviews of the 5 stings version)

hehe right now in parijs, thats why i cant go and test it but i have friends in holland who it can be delivered to so its no problem..

i have indeed asked him how old it is and how often he used it and stuff :)
  11. Ibanez basses are very good for the price, i think the SRX series are much better than the SR series, ive never been a fan of the normal SR's (well, not the lower end ones)