1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Ibanez Roadstar Velve Tune BII Tuners

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by travisbrown, Dec 15, 2018.

1. travisbrown

travisbrown Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2015
    Price:
    $65
    I have three great condition Velve Tune BII tuners a Roadstar II RB-950.

Two bass side, one treble.

Price is for each, but make an offer if you want all three.

Alternatively, if you have a busted Velve Tune BII that you don't need, I am looking for a string post. Don't care about the housing, wings, gear, whatever.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  2. travisbrown

Nov 22, 2015
    Treble tuner is sold.

3. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    do you know if these are reversible?

4. travisbrown

Nov 22, 2015
    Reversible as in you can put a treble side on the bass side? Not really. You can swap out posts and gears, and I guess put up with a reversing turning peg (a throwback to 62 Fenders) but the housing isn’t reversible.

You need a whole tuner, or just a part? I only have a couple parts left.

5. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    yes i meant disassemble the tuner, turn the post and gears around. can the gear be reinstalled upside down so that it would then rotate the correct way or is it not the same top and bottom?

6. travisbrown

Nov 22, 2015
    The gear bolted to the bottom of the post is a straight spur cog, no left or right bias. That cog can be swapped to either side. The tuning knob shaft has a worm/helical screw on it that drives the post spur cog. That worm gear is specifically left or right.

(If you turn a helical gear over, it still gears the same way. Same as it doesn’t matter what side of a nut you spin on a bolt. So if the post cog was a helical gear, it would be specifically left or right.)

So you can swap the posts, cogs, but not knobs or housing. Unless in a pinch you don’t care about having to turn one tuner backwards. Early fender basses had reverse tuners. Pre-64, I believe.

7. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    ah got it. thanks for the detailed explanation!