1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR305 any good for a first 5 stringer?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LuckyBassPlayer, May 11, 2010.

1. I am saving up for a 2nd bass in the 300-350 euro price range, (for you Americans about 300-400 dollars, and I want a 5 string. I am currently playing my first bass, a Stagg bc300, which is decent, but I want to step it up another level. My eye fell on an Ibanez sr305, it is in my budget, and I like the sound for the price:D Does anybody here own that bass, and do you have something to tell about it, I'd really appreciate your help.

2. SR 305 should do the trick. Pretty good value for the money IMHO. You have to appreciate the quick battery change door. What style of music do you intend to play? There are a lot of Squier fans in here as well, so be sure to check out all of your options in your local shop. Take your rig with you and play the snot out of as many as possible.

3. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    I had a 305 and it had a great B string. The pickups and electronics could be better.

[​IMG]

4. And also, do you think that I should buy it, or go with a completely other bass(It does have to work for metal)

5. How is the used gear market in the Netherlands?

6. Well, I don't know that much about the used market, but I do know that it is relatively small, and it doesn't have the gear I want most of the time.

7. freakfingers12

freakfingers12

Mar 28, 2010
    Malaysia
    Try looking for a Schecter Elite 5. I think Schecters look better for metal.

8. it is a very fine bass if you like light basses and tight spacing, its the one for me! :D
    how i wish i could get the ones in pearl white finish here and that too with maple neck! awesomeness

9. Well, it's way out of my price range, I am looking for something in the 300-350 euro price range

10. I'd keep saving dough a bit longer and look for an SR505 or something similar.

I'd rather wait a bit to purchase something I'd hold onto for a while than making a quick grab on something I'd likely want to upgrade after a few months.

11. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    For a beginners bass it is a very good bass. I say go for it.

12. augdog

augdog

Nov 12, 2009
    Quakertown PA
    I had one for a while, but I had trouble adjusting to the 5 string narrow string spacing. It wasn't until I got a 5 string with the 4 string spacing that I could really play it easily which is different than I had predicted. Its a fine bass for the $$, but I would try basses with different spacings before choosing a five.

13. SkitzoBass

SkitzoBass

May 11, 2010
    Canada
    you should try saving some more cash if possible, go with the 505 if you can save a while longer to afford it.
    maybe keep an eye on ebay or something for a couple months.

14. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Excellent bass imo. I like the 300's better then some of their more expensive Sr series, tone wise.