1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR505

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Le_Bassiste, May 31, 2011.

1. Hi everyone, I have an Ibanez SR505, and I wanted to get better pickups for it, but I don't know what kind to get. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Le Bassiste

2. What aspect of the sound would you like to change?

3. I would like to have a little more volume, and also some more lows.

4. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    American made Bartolinis would be one good choice. Classic Bass series. Measure the pickups that you currently have and compare the measurements from the Bartolini website to establish the form factor. Replacing the preamp will also have a positive affect on the sound.

5. Ok, thank you.

6. Bartolini MK Shape Soapbar Bass Pickups - 5 String

Advice on this subject is almost always that the MK1 preamp is the weaker part of that setup. The suggestion from that would be that if you're upgrading an MK1 bass, you should do the pickups and preamp or the preamp. If you leave the preamp in, you may find that the voice doesn't in the way you want.