Ibanez SR506

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by quincsta, Jan 10, 2006.

1. quincsta

Apr 11, 2005
    I went around bass shopping today and i saw this really nice Ibanez SR506 6-string bass. I've looked around this forum and most people say thats its a heck of a good bass for the money and what not. I picked it up and played with it today and when i was about to put it back on the shelf i noticed the neck seemed to be way more heavy than the body. in fact the body seemed extremly light. now i didnt have a strap so it was sitting on my lap while playing. what i want to know is with the neck being heavier than the body wont it sort of be awkward when using a strap or is it just my wierdness and its better to have the neck heavy. has anyone else noticed this and think its ok or not???
  2. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    I've had my SR-506 for about 7 months now. The neck is a little heavy, but I don't really experience any neck dive at all when playing. It's never been an issue for me that I can think of. BTW, I only use a standard 3" wide leather strap to support it. ;)
  3. just bought it this week, great bass havent had any problems with the neck dive its slight but not much of a problem
  4. I have an SR406, and I did experience a little neck dive from time to time. I corrected it with buying a leather strap though, so I'm pretty much all balanced out!

5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, wee bit neck heavy, but the rest of the instrument makes it really worth the money. That's what happens when you put a 6 string neck on a small body.
  6. steve21

steve21 Banned

Actually, I put a crappy little thin strap on it at my GC (my own strap, used for acoustic guitar), and it balanced pretty well on my body. went down a bit more than my Jazz with 2.5 inch strap does, but not bad at all.