1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez SR7viiSC-BK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by odinnshred, Dec 24, 2011.

1. odinnshred

odinnshred

Nov 11, 2011
    Huddersfield
    Just got the 7string Ibanez bass. It's a monster. Does anyone own one/has played one/have any views on the bass?

2. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    Didn't know Ibanez made a 7- got pics?

3. odinnshred

odinnshred

Nov 11, 2011
    Huddersfield
    It's pretty cool, sorta like a hybrid between bass and guitar. Definitely a pick instrument!

4. odinnshred

odinnshred

Nov 11, 2011
    Huddersfield
  5. THE DANiMAL

THE DANiMAL

Nov 22, 2007
    Bartlett, IL
    Take some pics and post them in the Soundgear Club!

6. dwh87

dwh87

Jul 31, 2007
    Cornwall
    It is a little bit of a novelty and i have only seen a few for sale since it came out a couple years ago. Looks nicely built though.

I would love to play some Mesuggah style basslines on that badboy.

7. odinnshred

odinnshred

Nov 11, 2011
    Huddersfield
    It's good for all that sort of thing. My aim is to emulate the Joey DeMaio Manowar bass sound (which it does amazingly with parallel distortion/compression and one direct input recording), with adventures into lower and higher ranges.

Meshuggah, Slipknot, all sorts of like technical metal and progressive metal works perfectly on this bass XD

8. Flyboy407

Flyboy407

Feb 19, 2012
    I have one, just picked it up a few months ago on eBay with hard case. Supposedly belonged to Rustly Cooley the shredder. Interesting idea. Sounds pretty good too.