1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Talman TMB30 stock strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Adam Harzuf, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Adam Harzuf

Adam Harzuf

Nov 16, 2004
    Israel
    Anyone knows which one they are? (mine have a black silk on both sides of the strings)
    I like these strings! The bass sounds superb right out of the box :)

Thanks
    Adam

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I’d recommend trying anything else. I found the strings to be lacking tone and feel. First thing I did with my Talman was change the strings to some GHS Boomers I had laying around (by far not my favorite strings), and the bass opened up magically. Of course YMMV.

Sorry, not what you were looking for, I know.

3. Adam Harzuf

Adam Harzuf

Nov 16, 2004
    Israel
    It could be that our taste is different, our gear or even the batch of strings that you've got on yours wasn't all that good.

4. Stevorebob

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Yes. I’m sure that’s the case.

5. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    @Stevorebob
    your profile says your Talman is TMB105, so the stock strings would have different tone and feel than Adam's TMB30, as his Talman is a shortscale version of the Talman bass, even if they were from the same type/brand/manufacturer.

@Adam Harzuf
    I have no exact idea what string they've put on any of their 30"ers... I have an Ibanez SRC6 which is also a 30"er (although mine is a Bass VI / a crossover bass) and I have no clue what strings they had put on as stock. Ibanez website says the gauges are 24-84, which might indicate that they are D'Addario EXL15 set. But when I unboxed the bass, there was a tag hanged on one of the tuners which said Elixirs. When I checked Elixir web page, these (same 24-84 gauges of 6 string set) weren't anywhere available. No silk on either side of the string ends, no colored ball ends, thus I think they must not be D'Addario's either.

In your case, guessing from the black silk (you wrote black coating???) on both side of the string ends, they might be Ibanez own strings which seem has been stock on their recent entry level basses, including the some of the Talmans. Although I don't have any thing to confirm this either.

6. Stevorebob

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, that Ibanez procured unique strings for a couple of $180 and $250 basses.

Mili likes this.
  7. Old Blastard

Old Blastard

Aug 18, 2013
    Virginia
    My TMB100 had strings that were too clankity for me.
    I put on som GHS Bassics and it started singing.

8. Adam Harzuf

Adam Harzuf

Nov 16, 2004
    Israel
    Do the strings in the TMB100 also have black silk on both ends?
    Wouldn't hurt to know which brand they are as well, if anyone knows.

9. Stevorebob

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    The original strings on my 105 had black silks.

10. BigBear77

BigBear77 Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2017
    My Tmb100 and tmb300 both had strings with black silks. I know a lot of the Ibanez come stock with Elixir strings. Could be a cheap mass produced offering from Elixir