1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez Weeping Demon wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassistgook, Mar 22, 2009.

1. bassistgook

bassistgook

Feb 5, 2009
    Has anyone tried this on bass? I like the guitar sound samples on the Ibanez site, but not sure if it will kill my low end on my bass or even sound good at all.

2. bassman03

bassman03

May 19, 2008
    Sully, Iowa
    Overall i think it's pretty well liked here. Someone a while back did a review over like 5 or 6 wahs on bass and said that he liked this one the best. Kept the low end pretty well and responded good too according to him.

3. I bought one after my wahone broke, and i love it. There is a bass mode on the wah, and it sounds great. I love the flexibility of being able to either activate it with a switch or automatically.

4. takfar

takfar

Dec 21, 2008
    Mine is in the mail. Moving ever closer. Can't wait.

5. it seems to get alot of respect around here, try the search function, theres loads of appreciation for it on this forum

6. Swin

Swin

May 25, 2008
    Toronto
    Ibanez Freakazoid
    Its awesome! I love mine... :bassist:

7. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I liked mine when I had it.

Very solid. There are better rock wahs, and better funk wahs but it was the most versatile wah that I've tried.

If you adjust it right you should have no problems with low end retention.

8. bassman03

bassman03

May 19, 2008
    Sully, Iowa
    Considering the logo as your avatar and and something about sales & service for the company... i would think you might like Ibanez :p

9. It's the best bass wah... and many would probably say the best guitar wah.

10. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    It's pretty funny that I don't think Ibanez intended bass use or if to work out this well...but I must agree..it's really nice sounding.

11. Geist

Geist

Aug 31, 2007
    I love my Demon. It took me a while to get what I was looking for, but after finding my tone I don't plan on going to a different wah anytime soon. Highly recomended

12. Swin

Swin

May 25, 2008
    Toronto
    Ibanez Freakazoid
    Yeah, it's pretty sweet working for ibby! But i'm not 100% brand loyal, having just purchased another t-bird...:D

13. Old Ell

Old Ell

Feb 24, 2002
    St. Paul, MN
    The rhythm guitarist in my band uses one and he lets me jam on it quite a bit. As others have said it's great for bass. I use it on some of the funkier jams we do and it sounds superb.

14. I love my wah, not sure how everyone elses is but just be careful of the settings,... if you put everyhing up to 10 it will sound like string noise gone wrong,... just make slight adjustments until your happy with the sound :) FWIW I've actually gone back to leaving everything at 12 cos everytime I fiddled I seemed to make it worse and not exactly where I wanted it!

btw, the subdecay flying tomato fuzz into this wah sounds awesome ;)

15. yer it's good.
    what is so good about it how you can tweak it so much (thats probably in part why it goes down well here :) ), and it has a switch that makes it for bass.
    so yeah, i dig.

i actually wish i could get an envelope filter that sounded like my setting on the WD7.

16. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Check out the Groove Regulator. There's a review in my Chronicle of Effects thread located in my sig.