Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by -Saosin-, Sep 12, 2005.

1. -Saosin-

Sep 8, 2005
    Opinions on them? Im thinking of getting one.
  2. QU!CK

Apr 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC

Some people like them, some people hate them. I own a GSR200L and like it but will be selling it soon to upgrade. Nothing wrong with it, just looking for more flexibility from a better bass...

As far as your "thinking of getting one" comment, it would help if you were a little more specific on which model you're considering :smug:

3. -Saosin-

Sep 8, 2005
    I went to guitar center and was about to buy one (which i know see as foolish. I did no price checks online! And i still havnt). Its used and was the assistant managers a few years back. Its 200 dollars and they say new goes for 400. But they're sending it for repairs before i can buy it. But the problem is i forget what model it is.... But im going to sam ash tommorow. :)

(Im full of indecision.)
  4. -Saosin-

Sep 8, 2005
    I'll post again when i find the model.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sounds like its an SR400. 4 strings? What body shape?
  6. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I own an edb600 (the ergodyne model).
    I think that its pretty good for the price. The neck is pretty thin, it has good balance, great action (but not toooo great), and you can get a decent sound out of it. I would say that its not too versatile when it comes to sound production, but thats not too much of a problem for me (I get the sound I want out).
    It is heavy, and I think that the bridge can use some design work (I get some vibration on surrounding strings when I pluck one, but not too much).
    Ive heard a lot of good things about Ibanez basses, and I especially respect their efforts to bring exotic woods to the consumer market.
  7. Dream Works

Dream Works

Dec 5, 2003
    Yeah, Ibanez basses are basically the best basses on the consumer market. I too have a bass from the Ergodyne series, an EDC705. I'd have to say this is an excellent bass. The luthite it is made of is surprisingly resonant and the bass is ergodynamic and very comfortable to play (ie, "Ergo"dyne)
    The bass has an active preamp which features 3 band EQ with variable mid range. With the mid range and a 7 band graphic eq I can basically get any tone I want out of the bass. The bass is also really durable and it has a really nice thick finish. Yeah, Ibanez basses have the best value of any bass openly availiable in stores.
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Good stuff for the price, non-existent customer service.
  9. Lame Thrower

Lame Thrower Supporting Member

May 13, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
  10. twiz

Jun 4, 2003
    Los Angeles
    best bass you can get for the $... a true pro instrument once you get above the $4-500 price range!
  11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    What the hell is luthite? And since when is a thick finish a good thing?
  12. -Saosin-

Sep 8, 2005
    Its a five string. But i havnt found out the model.
  13. bville

Aug 25, 2005
    I've played an SR496 for the past three years every weekend and have no complaints about it. The tone is full, warm and focused. The sound is better than some of my other basses wich cost a lot more. Some of the new 500 series are now equipped with Bartolini pickups. For the price, Ibanez is a very good buy.
  14. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    It all depends on which one you get. I think they're good instruments overall.
  15. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    A fancy word for plastic.

read this saosin
  16. Ive got the EDA905, they are damned comfy basses! and really good too, the only thing i hated with mine was the crap action, but i got someone to set the action for me, and it made a huge difference, Ibanez seem to have a pretty poor straight out of factory action

Luthite is a fancy word for plastic, but most man made polymeres are just plastics, it really is surprisingly resonant tho!
  17. -Saosin-

Sep 8, 2005
    Its a Ibanez ex series 5-string. Its used. Looks in decent condition to me. Guitar center says they go for $400, they're selling it for $200.
  18. Well I really like the SRX 705. But I hate alll the other basses.
  19. -Saosin-

Sep 8, 2005
    Does that Itd stand for It Dies Today?