1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Identify this bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by michaelrp7, Mar 8, 2008.

1. michaelrp7

michaelrp7

Mar 8, 2008
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I found a bass simalar to this in a pawn shop, but it is a five string. I have tried to looked up its serial number but cannot find out what model it is. It is a neck through design with only four nobs while other tobiases have 5.
    If you could shed some light on what model it is, I would be greatful...:meh:

2. Askia

Askia

Feb 24, 2006
    Looks like a Michael Tobias

3. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    It looks like one of the Korean models that was made in the early 2000 range.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Yeah it's a Tobias Toby.
    Actually a twin to the Cort A4.

5. racopera

racopera

Jan 24, 2008
    South Korea
    i think this is a 'Tobias Toby Pro 4'

Korean made.

6. michaelrp7

michaelrp7

Mar 8, 2008
    Thats great... What you guys value this bass at. The one I saw was in really good shape. Almost like new...:hyper:

7. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    They sold for $500 new. I used to have one, a very nicely built bass with a very poor preamp. I replaced it with a Bart preamp and it was great. They probably aren't worth a lot though. I sold mine for $200 a couple of years ago.

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Yep, Toby Pro (neck through). Excellent basses with the only issue being it's pre-amp (very low output).