1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

IEMs comparable to 64 Audio A4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by two fingers, Nov 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    64 Audio is having a 20% off sale this weekend. I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger and get the A4 custom molds.

The sale will take them from $900 to $720.

So what is comparable or better in that price range?

Just looking for opinions on what else is out there before I do it. Thanks.

2. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  3. JGbassman

JGbassman Supporting Member

May 31, 2011
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    I have a set of older three driver per ear from 64 ears and they are amazing. I toured with them for two years playing over 340 shows a year, they never once had an issue.

The one suggestion I would offer would be to go with a clear case instead of all the fancy colors you can get. Why? For two reasons.

One, they will "blend in" and not stick out like a sore thumb. I have a beautiful set of red ones, and they really stick out and you can see them from quite a distance from the stage.

Two, it lets you see inside the case and check for gunk buildup (and it will) from your ears and the condition of the components. They work in a high humidity environment, but it would be nice to be able to see if there is any moisture built up inside of them as well.

The cord is very sturdy, I'd get the extended cord just so you don't have to unplug/plug in everytime you turn off and on the battery pack, as I had to remove it from my belt to get the volume set right. Plus it's nice for practicing with, it gives you more room to move around after it's plugged into your amp.

Oh and order another clip, as you will probably loose or break one. I always ran the cord inside my shirt, so the clip would hold the cord in the right spot where it wouldn't work down my shirt and pull on the ears.

Good luck and you will love the molded inserts if you haven't ran them before.

two fingers likes this.
  4. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Thanks for the input!

Yeah I was leaning toward clear anyway. That's just the stock pic from their web site.

I was also thinking of the longer cable too. In some cases (like church) where I'm not running around like crazy I may even run a little mixer. That way I can run a monitor mix in one channel and just my bass in another hard wired and running up my pants leg or the back of my shirt. Better to have it longer and not need it than too short in my view.

JGbassman likes this.
  5. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Anyone else have thoughts on some IEM buds in the $700 range that could out class the 64 Audio A4?

6. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Kind of on a time crunch here so I'll send it up one more time.