1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ignore New Post settings vs Thread Subscription

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by Jeff Bonny, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    I have my Ignore New Posts set to ignore most of the Bass Guitar forums but occasionally I subscribe to threads in forums I'm ignoring new posts in. The ignore new post settings seems to override the thread subscription notification settings. If it's not too difficult a fix it seems to make sense to have the thread subscription settings take precedence....heck, I wouldn't be subscribing to a thread I didn't care about.

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Hi Jeff - I just want to make sure I have this right: If you subscribe to a thread in an ignored forum, it doesn't show up in your "new posts" search, right? But it does still show up in your "watched threads" list, correct?

3. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    That's correct...or so I thought. Yesterday I did get a notification for a subscribed thread in a forum I'm not watching so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll get back to you if I get more solid evidence of what's really happening. It's kinda hard for you to chase a problem I can't accurately define......