I'll Take You There Tab or Music????

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by chuckee, Feb 27, 2010.

1. chuckee

chuckee

Jun 9, 2005
    Norfolk, VA
    Greetings TBers,

I've searched various sites and the tabs files on TB.com, but cannot find:crying: the music or tabulature for "I'll Take You There" by the Staple Singers. Can anyone direct me to a site or post the music (or at least the bass solo) here.

Thanks,
    Chuck:bassist:

2. Here's a helping hand for you, my friend. Enjoy!:bassist:

Song: I'll Take You There
    Artist: The Staple Singers
    Tabber: Nonex <[email protected]>

Intro:
    | e e q h w q. e h w q. e h
    G ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D -----------------3-----------3------------------------------------------------
    A --3-----------------3-----------3---------------------------------------------
    E ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > r r r r r r r

Main riff:
    | e e e e e s s e s s e e e e e e e e Play 21x
    G ||--------------------------------------------------------------------------||
    D ||.--------------------------------------3---------------------------------.||
    A ||.--3--------3-----------3-----------------------0--3--0------------------.||
    E ||------------------3--5-----5--3--1-----------1----------------------------||
    > r r r r r

Here's the bass solo:
    | h. e e e e h e e e e h e e w
    G ||-----14-12----------------------------------------------------------------||
    D ||.-14-------15----------12-------------10-10------------------------------.||
    A ||.-------------15----12----15-10----10------------------------------------.||
    E ||-----------------13--------------8----------------------------------------||
    >

Back to the main riff
    | e e e e e s s e s s e e e e e e e e Play 14x
    G ||--------------------------------------------------------------------------||
    D ||.--------------------------------------3---------------------------------.||
    A ||.--3--------3-----------3-----------------------0--3--0------------------.||
    E ||-----------------3--5-----5--3--1-----------1-----------------------------||
    > r r r r r fade out

3. chuckee

chuckee

Jun 9, 2005
    Norfolk, VA
    To Jim Campbell and gui****efector:

Dearest Bass Brothers,

Thanks to Jim and "gui****..." for your rapid responses in providing sheet music and tabulature for "I'll Take You There" by the Staple Singers. You make me proud to be a fellow TBer. I am grateful beyond words. I really appreciate your timely assistance.

Chuck:bassist:

4. My pleasure! Any way I can help. Now... if you could find the tabs or sheet for "I'll always love my mama" by The Intruders, I'd be eternally grateful.;)

5. chuckee

chuckee

Jun 9, 2005
    Norfolk, VA
    My second most favorite Intruders' song only after "Cowboys to Girls." Wish I had it at my fingertips.:bawl: I'll ask my instructor at my next lesson on Tuesday.

6. Mmmmh, sounds me interesting.
    I love the bassline.

The only issue is that here the bass is not very easy to hear correctly, especially when they are singing.

I will try to write it, but I cannot promise.
    Anyway, if some of you have a version which is much clear for the bass part, please tell me (or a cover if you feel it is really perfect regarding the original, but I am not confident in covers to be matching perfectly the original).

As my internet connection is veeeeery slow (10 minutes to download one youtube video), I cannot pick many to try myself :meh:

7. If even you have the mp3 on your computer, and the quality is better (at least the bass easier to hear), please contact me by mp and I will give you my email address where you could send it to me.

8. Djbassplayer

Djbassplayer

Nov 2, 2011

:help: I'm having a bit of trouble (Internet connection is awful). I don't know what the time signature it is in, can anybody help? Thanks!

9. "I'll Take You There" is in standard 4/4. The note length in the tab didn't quite line up with the notes, but if you listen, I think you'll get it.

10. Djbassplayer

Djbassplayer

Nov 2, 2011
    Okay, Thanks!:)

11. purpletornado

purpletornado

Aug 5, 2009
  12. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    Have you ever heard "I'll take you there" by Ladysmith Black Mambazo?

13. remcult

remcult Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    just found this, wanted to thank you all. great song!

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021