1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I'm a bit scared!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Evil Undead, May 22, 2012.

1. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    I'm just about to sell my beloved Warwick, and finish paying off my first Fender (MIA p)

I'm scared because what if I find I liked the Warwick more? I'm scared I'll miss it and then it would be too late :(

Stupid really as I'm making the change because deep down I know the wick isn't the one, as much as I love it. I've enjoyed the P basses I've played in the past and love the tone.

2. Is this the blue 'vette?

Sounds like you'll miss it either way. I would keep paying off the Fender P and keep the Warwick, if you can do that.

3. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    Nah, nirvana black.

Can't have both I'm afraid :(

4. QweziRider

QweziRider Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2008
    Northern Nevada, U.S.
    Nah, you'll just buy another like it one day down the road. That's why I've owned nine Ricks since 1987, never more than one at the same time. Sell it, miss it, buy it, sell it, miss it.... ;)

5. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Well the answer is basicly already in your first message : You know the Warwick isn't the one ;) So it's the best for you too sell it and hold the MIA p bass. A musician with gear that he / she doesn't fully appreciate, is a sad musician. Keep that in mind if you sell the Warwick! :)

6. ecapdeville

ecapdeville

Mar 26, 2007
    Mexico City
    I know what you mean... But knowing that I would miss my basses, I keep all of them... Now I have 7... :D

7. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    I like warwicks much better then fenders myself. But if you like the fender better, then go with it. If unsure, wait untill you have stronger conviction about which bass will serve you better.

8. FarkusSWR

FarkusSWR Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Treasure Coast, FL
    If your Warwick was The One, then selling it would not have even been an option for you. I thought I was going to curse at myself for selling my Warwick $$, but as it turned out using those funds to by my StingRay was well worth it.

9. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Many people have more than one "one". On the other hand, for a variety of reasons a lot of players only keep one "top shelf" bass at a time. Is your P bass currently on layaway?

10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

...but...but...you have a Precision bass now.

11. The hell of it is that no matter what I get rid of - in favor of other items - I always end up wishing that I hadn't done that! ;)

Sold a EV RE320 for a Heil PR40 and while I LOVE the Heil, I really missed the EV.......:scowl:

Same damn thing when I traded a 4001 Ric for a Gibson Les Paul Recording Bass.

Go figure....

12. Wait until you play your first gig with the P, it will all make sens then!

13. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    Probably about half way through the second set, after your hands and ears get past the unfamiliarity, when the band is smokin', and you start wondering "why do I sound so freaking awesome tonight?? Oh, yeah...". :)

14. I had a Corvette $$, same colour as yours too, I sold it and missed it for a little while.
    These basses are quite common and not that hard to replace if you should decide that you made a mistake.
    Worst case scenario you could always trade your Precision with cash your way for another Warwick.
    Nothing ventured nothing gained, eh?

15. This. That first time you play with the band, it'll all make sense.