I'm... bored

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Ok.. this is starting to scare me. Over the last couple of days, I have begun to become bored. From everything. My family recently got digital cable, and I'm bored stiff. 800 channels and everyone of them makes me sick. It's a bored nation with nothing to do but distract itself sick with TV and cell phones and cookie cutter music. No wonder so many people turn off the TV...

Or it may just be because it's Election Year. You decide.
  2. If it's because of the election, you've only got about a month left... ;)
  3. That is th edefinition of digital cable-800 channels and nothing on :meh: I myself don't watch much TV anymore but my friend has digital cable and we watch it some but usually can't find anything good on. If you are so inclined, learning is a great way to stop from being bored. Find something you like and can use, I'm learning German. A friend speaks it and I have always wanted to know another language but wasn't intrested in French or Spanish and that is all my school taught :( Learning can make you think about things in a new way, giving you new ideas and therefore things to do :cool:

Or you could hang out with a friend in the parking lot of Hess or Dunkin' Donuts :D
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Because cognition sucks.
  5. Actually, I've read for a while. I'm going to pick up "Lies my history teacher told me" once my mom brings it home from the library my mom works at. Right now I'm on the last chapter (Beat Happening) of "Our Band Could Be Your Life".
  6. get really drunk, kide your car keys, wallet, mobile phone etc around the house, go to sleep and then try to find them
  7. or you could do what im doing and learn to type real good
  8. "Lies my teacher told me" is a very good book. enjoy
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    wow Bruce Springsteen was complaining about this when there was "57 channels and nothin' on". What in the world is he thinking now?????

10. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    Wow playing bass and watching BET jazz don't do it for ya?
  11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Try reading "Youth in Revolt" by C.D. Payne. I thought it was hilarious and it definetly sucked up my boredom for a while.

Also look into photography. Digital cameras are the best way to get started since you dont spend a ton of money on developing photos and you can see what the shots came out like without wasting resources. Sharing them is easy too.

Listen to the Pixies.
  12. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Have you read "Heather Has Two Mommies"? Sounds like it might be relevant.

brad cook
  13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    1. Learn a new instrument, or advance on your current one(s)
    2. Get a music dvd by a favorite group and analyze it to death
    3. Start a new hobby
    4. Write some lyrics
    5. Buy some Tom Waits cd's/vinyls, i.e. sad music to be happy/interested about.
  14. or work on grammer and punctuation ;)
  15. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    You know how much broadcast/cable TV (not including DVD/VHS movies) I have watched in the last month?

One episode of Family Guy, and one episode of Futurama.

There is plenty of things to do. You just have to get off your butt and do them.
  16. bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    playing bass keeps me from getting bored
  17. :eyebrow:
    It's grammar. :rolleyes:

Play bass.
  18. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Will it help if i hump your leg?