1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

i'm glad

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by D Rokk, Apr 8, 2009.

1. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    i'm glad i realize i've strayed into that dark and mysterious land known as the double bass forums before i end up posting a reply to one of the topics there

2. I'm so glad! I'm so glad! I'm glad, I'm glad, I'm glad!

3. They've been known to hang a slab-focussed doubler by a Rotosound D string for calling a DB an upright. :ninja:

4. I thought DB was douchebag! You mean it's another word for an upright?

5. Watch it- they occasionally venture out into this side in search of fresh blood...

6. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    LMAO!!!:D

(nice knowing ya btw!)

7. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    I finally dared to venture into the [DB] side of things, having never set foot in there in the past, and guess what I saw...

Our own bassteban collaborating with the other side!
    :ninja:

8. I hang my head in feined shame. :rolleyes:
    Well as I say several times a day here- I go both ways... :)

9. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    That's kinda gross dude.

10. Hey, the O is right next to the I- or something. ;)

11. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Apparently, however, you've lost your ability to use capital letters.

;)

12. FSSmikey

FSSmikey

Mar 7, 2009
    Miami FL
    DB = upright bass, right?

you DB guys should get some normal bass guitars.

:bag:

13. You mock them.
    Now they come.
    They come for you!

TheDBmob.

14. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    :eek:

;)

To the OP:

[​IMG]

15. One of the coolest guys on TB is over there all the time, Uncle Toad. He's also the guy that sets up all my basses and the man knows his stuff too. He's a cool cat.

16. This Thread Is Pure Win

17. In all seriousness(this is the ONE time today, I promise)there is a TON of monumentally useful, entertaining & profound knowledge *over there*, but do be aware they/we;)speak a slightly different dialect of the same language; LBYL.

18. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    There is a bunch of useful info over there. I'm pretty much on that side reading everyday, and I have learned a whole bunch from it. But I never feel useful enough to post something.

19. +1

I read a post someone made seeking information on how to better apply modes. Some replies were on my level. Some, I read and learned. Others were on a whole other level and I just drooled on my keyboard. :D

I think the nature of their instrument brings a higher percentage of people more dedicated to their craft. The DB side is serious internet. The BG side wants to validate bacon as a supreme food source. :D

20. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    yeah you gotta watch it over there, they'll skin you alive THEN eat you. :ninja:

pics-subway-pandering.