i'm going to see stanley jordan tonight!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FractalUniverse, May 12, 2004.

1. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    yikes! can't wait... i'm going to classes now, from 8:30 am to 7 pm, then i'm going to be kicked in my @s s by mr stanley who is going to kill everyone there with his two handed tapping... :hyper:
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Stanley is SO the man, and is criminally unheard of. More people should check out his work.

TB field trip to Chile, anyone?
  3. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    yipies, i still can't believe it.... it was damn too much.... i'm just too happy now.... :hyper: :hyper: :bawl: :bassist:

from a really fast version of autumn leaves to a minimalist thing... stanley rocked the theater, people claped so much that he had to get over the stage 3 times after he left the first time... and they kept claping.... there were some audio problems(it seems that his cable was a bit noisy, so he changed it)....but this was unforgotable(and forget me for my ocassional bad english :D ). I study music and the 80% of my classmates are classical and electric guitarrists...so i was so happy about stanley playing here, but almost none of them knew them...... so i was like really:" hey man he is coming you can't miss him!!!" and some of they said...oh man it going to be like a normal-common guitar player...so they finaly missed him...but the ones that followed me and didn't knew him are now in heaven....
    so now one of those musicians that i have always wanted to see came here.... so what can i say....
    i have already saw gary willis.... i need vic wooten...some niels henning orsted pedersen a bit of ron carter and i will be totally happy

uhm...(rumors) and jeff berlin is coming with miroslav vitous, and also michel camilo and gonzalo rubalcaba...
  4. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Saw Jordan about 10 years ago...at the Oceanfront, on the beach, FREE show!

Even though I had 2 of his records, for the 1st 2-3 tunes, I was dumbfounded by the technique. After that, I settled into the music.
    I do recall Jordan doing the best Shankar & Henrdix impression I have ever heard.

Come to think of it, I recently picked up the Live With Blue Note DVD; Jordan is on there(IIRC). I'll have to check it out this weekend.