Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I'M GONNA SEE GARY WILLIS!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by BASSnSAX, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Sorry about the caps in the title, but I'm so excited, I could wet me pants!!! WOO!! He's holding a workshop at a music store very near me, its free, and I don't have any exams next Monday!!! WOO!!!
    :hyper::hyper::hyper:

But then I have a Physics exam on tuesday. :meh:

2. Coypu

Coypu Banned

Feb 24, 2003
    Sweden
    That's wonderful, Gary Willis is a truly amazing bassplayer and educator. If only more people where inspired by him the world of bass would be so much greater.

3. Gary rocks.
    Very Very influential basssist. And a wonderful teacher. have you ever read one of his books?Thay re awesome

4. Gary is an astounding player and a wonderful teacher. he is one of the reasons I'm still playing today. I got to study with him at MI about 15 years ago and I finlly got to thank him at the last winter NAMM.

a great guy on top of everything else!

from the low end,

Stew

5. Make sure to post a review on your Gary Willis experience. I would love to hear what you think of him!

[​IMG]
    Treena

6. Nobody beat me up, but I have not actually heard any of his music before:bag:, but I have heard about his reputation for fretless and I have played his signature fretless bass.

I'm intrigued to see what he has to say, if he has any fretless tips, and I think I'll even take a notebook along with me. Now if I can only find a ride there, and if my friend will allow me to borrow his digital camera, and if Mr. Willis will pose with me for a picture...:bassist: :hyper:

7. his music is wonderful!

he is also a very gracious man, and should pose with you.

I imagine there will be fretless tips aplenty...

;)

from the lows,

Stew

8. In the famous words of Peter Griffin...HOLY CRAP!

That man can play! I think I left my jaw down on the floor the whole 2 hours...he was amazing! And...wow! I am definately going to take what he said into consideration, especially about working on the right hand and making sure that over all, no more force is used than whats required, and to be completely relaxed.

WOW.

If you have the chance to see him, GO!!!!!

9. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Yeah, he is the Holdsworth of bass. :D

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    his three finger technique is really relaxed. his video from the 90's or 80's was nice.

11. i have a picture with gary when he came to chile!...great show!
    he plays extremely good on that fretless!
    enjoy!:bassist: