1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

im looking for a multi effect board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ao'connor17, Jul 25, 2007.

1. ao'connor17

ao'connor17

Feb 12, 2007
    Tivoli, NY
    im thinking the korg toneworks system like les claypool has. does it alter the tone of your bass on bypass like the digitechs do?

2. boss gt6b
    doesnt suck any tone that i noticed in 3 years of having it.
    can do a buttload of stuff.
    really cool.

3. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    Boss ME-50B is also a great one. The Zoom B2 is another one people really like. The Korg Toneworks AX3000B (is that the right one?) is another one. And like Coolrunner said, the GT6B is another good option. If you search these ones, and check the reviews on Harmony-Central, you will have loads, nay, BUTTLOADS of information to sift through so you can make a very informed decision...it's how I made mine :)

As for bypasses, I don't think I've ever seen a multieffects board that is true-bypass. I had a couple issues with my ME-50B, but that was mostly do to high-output pickups on my bass. And in any case, the ME-50B has a master EQ section that makes up for any tone loss.

4. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    The 3 contenders for best multi on here are:

Line 6 Bass PODxt (great amp modelling, sucky tracking on synths)
    Boss GT-6B (great FX modelling and FX order ability, average amp moddeling)
    Korg AX3000B (great synth tracking)

Personally I've got the POD, but the "reviews" of the other 2 are from what I've read/heard in sound clips from here.

5. Andy V.

Andy V.

Nov 5, 2006
    Dumbo, NY
    Blast from the past!

ME-6B
    ME-8B

Cheap and tasty!