I'm the only one here!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Mar 20, 2005.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Of course I just got home from gigging. It's 3:25 in the AM. I am enjoying cornfalkes after a long night of suffering cover tunes.
  2. It's 7:03 pm here. Good evening. :smug:
  3. deichman

Jun 1, 2003
    with your cover tune statement. I freed myself from all of the suffering and now play only original music. Thank God I don't have to make my living doing it though!

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    3:27am here. My mom's the only other one home...my dad got transferred to Bordon during the week (so he's only home friday-sunday) and he left around noon, and my brother's up in Toronto at university.

Man, I wish I had a gig! Oh well. I've got school in a few hours...that's good enough, right?
  5. P. Aaron

The rub of being in this cover band is that we don't jam. I like rehearsals enough, 'cause I like playing. But I'd like the simple indulgence of just riffin' on what ever come's in my head with the band, but it's something that has to be inherent in a musician's psyche. Some have it, some don't. I'm in with some that don't.

The gigs are payin' gigs, so I suppose that's the trade-off. Is it a good trade? Maybe...maybe not.
  6. odie

odie Supporting Member

A late Sunday gig?? Im confused? :confused:
  7. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    I agree with your cornflakes statement. :) My kids eat this cereal called Panda Puffs, they're like the healthier equivalent of Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch. I hardly ever eat them, but when I get home from gigs in those wee hours, man -- they are THE snack for me. Big ol' bowl, sliced banana on top, milk, turn on the TV, and I'm ready for the post-gig comedown.
  8. P. Aaron

That post was Sunday AM. IE: The gig started on Saturday. When I got to Misc and OT, I was all alone for a brief moment of time. I was good though.