1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I'm the only one here!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Mar 20, 2005.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Of course I just got home from gigging. It's 3:25 in the AM. I am enjoying cornfalkes after a long night of suffering cover tunes.

2. It's 7:03 pm here. Good evening. :smug:

3. deichman

deichman Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Kansas
    with your cover tune statement. I freed myself from all of the suffering and now play only original music. Thank God I don't have to make my living doing it though!

deichman

www.endofstory.com

4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    3:27am here. My mom's the only other one home...my dad got transferred to Bordon during the week (so he's only home friday-sunday) and he left around noon, and my brother's up in Toronto at university.

Man, I wish I had a gig! Oh well. I've got school in a few hours...that's good enough, right?

5. P. Aaron

The rub of being in this cover band is that we don't jam. I like rehearsals enough, 'cause I like playing. But I'd like the simple indulgence of just riffin' on what ever come's in my head with the band, but it's something that has to be inherent in a musician's psyche. Some have it, some don't. I'm in with some that don't.

The gigs are payin' gigs, so I suppose that's the trade-off. Is it a good trade? Maybe...maybe not.

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

A late Sunday gig?? Im confused? :confused:

7. PlayTheBass

PlayTheBass aka Mac Daddy Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    I agree with your cornflakes statement. :) My kids eat this cereal called Panda Puffs, they're like the healthier equivalent of Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch. I hardly ever eat them, but when I get home from gigs in those wee hours, man -- they are THE snack for me. Big ol' bowl, sliced banana on top, milk, turn on the TV, and I'm ready for the post-gig comedown.

8. P. Aaron

That post was Sunday AM. IE: The gig started on Saturday. When I got to Misc and OT, I was all alone for a brief moment of time. I was good though.