1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

In seach of trying a Promethean in N.NJ

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by leftybass77, Oct 2, 2010.

1. leftybass77

leftybass77

Sep 22, 2010
    Yeah I know it's newish. I've tried all the amps on my list except the Promethean. Sam Ass, Alto Music & Guitar Center by me don't have one. I guess I'm heading to 48th street unless anyone knows a store in NNJ that has one.
    I'm down to a used SVP Pro or a MB2-500 (no budget for the RH450) but before I pull the trigger I wanna give the Promethean a shot.
    :bassist:

2. leftybass77

leftybass77

Sep 22, 2010
    Okay. Replying to my own lame post. Ideally, I wanted the Ampeg tone but ended up getting the Ibanez Promethean head on feebay for a good price. A bit risky as I never even tried one but I did a lot of research and it sounds really nicein this MusikSchmidt demo:

I became more open minded about amps after playing through a Fender tweed guitar amp this past weekend at low volume. My Fender Jazz sounded pretty damn good through it...

I do have a Sansamp DI if it needs it. Now its time for cab hunting. :)

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021