1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

In the UK

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by LastBass, Dec 16, 2018.

1. LastBass

LastBass

Dec 16, 2018
    UK and EU
    Hello all
    I started playing guitar in 1968. My first bass was a Shaftesbury EB3L copy in the early 70's (long gone now), but I didn't really get serious about the bass until the 1990's when my son started playing drums and suggested I got a bass. Chinese Squier Precision from the local shop and I got hooked. Changed as soon as I could in 1996 for an American Standard Precision from the Bass Centre Wapping and a Trace Elliot BLX150. Over the next ten years I accumulated a Noel Redding Signature Jazz, a Hohner 5 string cricket bat Steinberger copy, and a trio of Warwick Corvettes, matching 1996 bubinga/wenge 4 and 5 strings and an ash/ovangkol fretless 5.

The folk/rock informal band of friends I mostly played with sort of drifted apart, the gear got stored and I've found some new directions in guitar to explore over the past 10 years or so.

A few weeks ago my son wanted a quick bass line on a sketch he was recording and we dug out my trusty Precision. I realised I still love the sound and feel of the bass and I've been busy checking the herd over and working out where the bass fits in my life now. No room for the BLX for the moment, but a PJB Double 4 is amazing me and has all the volume I need for now. I'm enjoying myself.

Couple of pics:
    The CiJ Noel Redding Jazz - I can't decide whether I prefer the Jazz or the Precision.
    20181212_110230.

And here are the Warwicks. I wanted to try a Warwick since the greatest bassist ever played Warwick. RIP Jack.

20181212_111439.

G-Z likes this.
  2. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    Welcome to TB, some nice basses you have there :thumbsup:

3. LastBass

LastBass

Dec 16, 2018
    UK and EU
    Thanks - I'm trying to work out what to do with them!

4. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    Play them, play them and then play them some more.

Or just send them to me, PM me for the address ;)

LastBass likes this.
  5. LastBass

LastBass

Dec 16, 2018
    UK and EU
    Yes, to the first part. I'm retired now and playing music is what I get up for. I've no plans for playing with others at present, but who knows. So I'm improving my reading and revising my music theory and harmony knowledge. Keeps me busy enough for now.

I'll bear the suggestion in the second sentence in mind.

JACink likes this.