1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

incense!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Platypus_Of_420, Apr 5, 2006.

1. i'm guessing alot of people on this forum hate incense, cause alot of old people do (sorry, i'm 15). but i love incense, what kind do any of you use? (if any one does) right now i'm using grateful dead space your face..mmmmm...

2. I like sandalwood but I never burn it.

Patchouli makes me want to gag.

Nag champa falls somewhere between the two.

3. yea man my friends burn that all the time.. my favorite two scents are queen of sheba and sex on the beach.. jamaican musk and jazz musk are chill too

4. Back in my day incense didn't have fancy names.....and we liked it that way....heh!

;)

5. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Nag Champa is the only worthwhile stuff, most others are a waste of money.

I don't burn it like I used to, but Nag is my homie.

6. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY

+1

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I only use Mitchum incense, because it smells like old man.

bc

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    My wife and I use it, not because we are pot smokers (because we are not), but because Jaco can fart like the best of em'.

9. nag champa seems to be the most popular, IMO i think its overrated. but it works the best, some incense dosnt even smell, so..i guess i see why.

10. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I like most of the incense we have used at mass.

11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

I'm with ya Major! I always loved the smell of that stuff at mass.

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Oh god... at first I read "incense" as "incest". Your post freaked me out...

But yeah I am with major and big cheeze, I think the best "INCENSE" to my memory was at my church (Russian orthodox) and it was nothing but candles made from real stuff and just a lot of it. It always smelled so good there. When I went to put up a candle there were always at least 100 candles burning, this was always the case.

13. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Me too. They say smell is the sense most strongly related to memory, and the smell in incense at mass stirs up all kinds of things for me.

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hmmm, let's see:

It's more confusing than freaky once you get past the first sentence and a half.

bc

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    The first time around i didn’t get past "i'm guessing alot of people on this forum hate incest, cause alot of old people do (sorry, i'm 15). but i love incest," that’s when I stopped and start re-reading it. The second time i caught on to my mistake. :D What kind of sick bastard would read on after that :)

Ok i admit, i can't read... happy?

16. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Nag Champa for me. I burn lots of it.

17. txbasschik

txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Whaddaya mean, old people don't like incense!?!? I've been burning incense since '77. I vastly prefer a nice incense over Febreze or some other spray chemically-soapy stuff, or those things you stick in the electric socket.

My favorites are nag champa, ginger/ginseng, green tea, Blue Nile, and ylang-ylang.

And now, I shall carry my ancient and decrepit backside into the music room, where I shall burn some nag and jam. :)

Cherie...43, still can't live w/o her nag!

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Old people burn "sticks of tye", we all know what was going on in 70's :)

Oh god i gota run to DMV!

19. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i use incense straight out of india, i guess that's expected for an indian.

i burn incense 1) when i practice sitar and 2) because my roommates SMELL

-jimbo

20. +1 not used the stuff in a while but its the best, sure ive still got a box somewhere